ii.

We let go hands as soon as the truck stops. A black tinted window rolls down slowly. Lana approaches the truck and starts talking to someone.

"Goodnight there." Lana says. I hear that particular charm in her voice. That's how she convinces people. That's how she convinced me years ago.

"Goodnight." The voice replies. Lana steps back and I see a man with short hair. He's not Rollins for sure. Everyone here knows how Rollins looks.

The man looks at us and he stops and stares in my eyes. I feel a sudden intimidation but I smile. He doesn't smile instead he looks away.

The back window goes down slowly and that's when I see him. It's really him. I've heard about him so much but never in a million years did I think I'd see him in person.

He's only a few feet away and he looks breathtaking. "Here's what you wanted sir." Lana says with a smile.

Rollins turns to look at us and I watch as he carefully scans the four of us. He slowly smiles as he looks from head to toe.

When he gets to me he stops smiling. A little part of me dies. He quietly says something and Lana leans towards his window to speak to him.

"I want Eva and ..." his voice trails off. I stop breathing as he begins scanning again. I want to him to pick Brie and I so, so, bad.

Eva grins from ear to ear and gets in the truck. Rollins is still staring at us and my heart is beating so fast and loud I can hear it in my ear.

"I want the one in red and the one in white." He says quietly. An excitement rushes through my veins as I smile. Brie and I start walking when he speaks up.

"No, no, the other girl in white." My heart slowly crumples as I turn around and look at Naomi. She's also wearing white.

This is not how I wanted things to go. Lana must've seen my face because she speaks up, "Are you sure? I mean they're twins and-"

"I want the other girl." He gives Lana a threatening look and Lana presses her lips together.

"Okay. Go ahead Naomi and Brie. Get in." Lana says. Brie and Naomi walk to the truck. Brie glances at me but I look away.

My eyesight turns blurry as my heart swells up. Rollins looks at me one more time as he puts his window up.

"Its okay.  Maybe next time." Lana says walking to me. I cross my arms across my chest as the truck starts driving away.

"What did he say?" I ask feeling the anger boiling in my blood. "Nothing he just-" she stops talking and I can tell she's hiding something. "What did he say?" I ask again.

Lana doesn't respond and avoids eye contact. "What did he say? Lana you're my friend aren't you? Why aren't you telling me? Does he think I'm ugly?"

"No. He just... he said he liked other types of girls." She quietly mumbles. "Other types of girls? I don't understand. I'm the type of girl men like that like. That's why I got breast implants. And he still picked Brie! She doesn't even have big breasts."

I don't realize how angry I am until Lana makes a face. I suddenly feel extremely bad for saying that about Brie.

Brie is beautiful and she doesn't need huge breasts to fascinate a man. "He did ask who you were." She says.

"That doesn't help. He didn't pick me. He didn't." All my self-esteem goes down the pipe. I felt pretty confident but now I feel worthless.

"It's okay, Nicole. I promised you I was going to help you and I will. Just give me time okay? I promise you will get what you want."

She gives me a sympathetic smile and I sigh looking at the floor. "How about you take the night off? Come back tomorrow and I assure you I will find a way."

Lana leans towards me, "I promised you and I will get it." She gives my shoulder a light squeeze and I nod. "Okay. Thank you."

She smiles and walks back in the club. I stand outside in the cold staring at my swollen feet. All of the sudden I feel really empty.

Why did I get into this? Why? My life is nothing but misery. It's painful living like this. It's painful when greediness and sadness controls your life.

A whistle makes me look up. A man with blonde curly hair approaches me. "Hey. Can I invite you a drink?"

"No. Thank you." I reply. He makes a surprised face. "Really? Don't you work here?" He points to the club and a deep embarrassment falls over me.

"What if I do?" I ask. He raises his eyebrows and shrugs, "No nothing wrong with that. I just thought since you worked here-"

"It'd be easy to get in my pants?" I say interrupting him. He doesn't reply but the look on his face answers my question.

I turn around and he gets in front of me. "Wait, wait, no. I didn't mean it like that. I just want to get to know you." His blue eyes meet mine and I shake my head no.

"Come on. Just one drink." He seems really convincing but I'm not in the mood right now. "No."

He sighs and moves out of my way. "Okay." I go by him and walk in. When I'm in I head directly to the dressing room to change clothes and grab my bag.

After that I walk back outside to wait for a taxi to show up. With my luck it takes a while for a taxi to go by.

When I see one in the distance I wave at it hoping it will stop. "Where to?" He asks. "About twenty minutes from here. It's an apartment building."

"You have to pay first." The man says. I start digging in my bag when I see someone's hand. I look up and see the blonde haired guy handing the man a hundred dollar bill.

"You can keep the change." He tells the driver. The guy looks at me and smiles. "Let that be an apology for while ago."

I don't say anything and just get in the back seat of the taxi. As the taxi starts to move I watch the guy looking at me through the window.