xvi.

"She's not here." I mumble as I knock for the hundredth time. Ambrose is standing behind me I guess keeping an eye on me.

"We should really get going then. The master will be back soon and I don't want to get in trouble."

I turn around and hope that he will listen to me. "She might be at the club. Could you take me there? Please. I really need to see her."

"Ma'am I can't. We've already wasted enough time." He says. I look down at my feet disappointedly.

We start heading to the car and he opens the door for me. I get in a bit sad and angry. I needed to talk to Lana.

Ambrose starts the car and I continue to look down at my lap. "I suppose we could see if she's at the club."

I look up excitedly. "Really?" He nods his head and glances at the clock, "It can only be for a few minutes."

I nod my head smiling, "Yes, yes, whatever you say. Thank you." He gives me a small smile but quickly looks away.

•••
Ambrose parks the car in front of the club. I see a few drunk men walk in and I turn to look at him.

"Could you wait here?" Ambrose immediately shakes his head no. "I can't do that. The orders where to watch and protect you ma'am."

I sigh a bit annoyed. Am I going to be watched the whole time? Twenty- four seven? "Just a few minutes okay? If I don't come back in a few minutes you look for me."

He hesitates but agrees. "Five minutes. If you're not back in five minutes I will have to go in." I nod my head and get off.

I'm walking to the entrance when a man approaches me. "Hello." He says with a smile. I then recognize it's the man with blonde curly hair.

"Hey." I answer. "Now can I invite you a drink?" He smiles. I glance at the truck and see that Ambrose got off.

He's walking to me but I shake my head no. "No thanks." I whisper to the man. The blonde haired guy looks at Dean who is leaning on the car looking at him.

"Oh. I see you have a man. Sorry." He says. I simply walk in the club before Ambrose comes marching in behind me.

I'm walking down the hall to Lana's office. I know she will be there. When I'm approaching her office she's walking out.

She ends up bumping into me and gasps. "Nikki." She says almost out of breath. "Lana." I say my voice a bit bitter.

"What're you doing here?" She asks nervously. "Can't I visit my friend?" I ask looking right in her eyes.

She looks intimidated which surprises me considering she's the one that usually intimidates people.

"Sure." She answers. "Why did you lie to me?" I ask angry. Lana looks around panicking and grabs my hand. "We can't talk about this out here."

She pulls me into her office and closes the door behind. "Are you going to tell me or are you going to lie again?"

Lana sighs and touches her hair that's pulled back in a high bun. "I had no choice but to lie to you, Nikki. I didn't want to but I had to."

"Why huh? Aren't we supposed to be friends?" I cross my arms across my chest and Lana nods her head walking closer to me.

"You are my friend. You're my best friend." She says. I don't say anything and just keep staring at her.

"I had to lie to you or Rollins would've killed me." She says. I uncross my arms and look at her furrowing my eyebrows together.

"He told me if I told you it was him he would kill me. He told me if you ever saw Reigns or any other guy he would kill me. That's why that day you saw Reigns I was freaking out. Rollins doesn't play around. If he says he will do something he will do it."

"That doesn't make any sense. Now if Reigns finds out he will kill you, me, and Rollins." I didn't realize how serious that was until I said it out loud.

"If Reigns tries to contact me I have to lie to him. I'll make up some excuse. Rollins promised me if I obeyed him he will protect me."

"Oh. So you sold me for your protection?" I ask hurtfully looking down at my feet. "No, no, I didn't sell you, Nikki. I just had no choice. And he also told me some stuff."

I continue to look at my feet and don't say anything. "He told me he wanted to get you out of this life. He told me he didn't want you to be a prostitute anymore."

I slowly look up at her. "He said from the moment he saw you that night he felt different about you. That's the reason he took you to live with him. Because he doesn't want you to live this life anymore and he wants to respect you. That's also why I agreed to do it. Because he's trying to help you, Nikki. He wants you to stop living like this." Lana grabs my hands tightly as she's saying this.

I would've expected her to say anything but this. "Really?" I ask a bit breathless. "Yes really. Or has he tried anything?"

Now that I think about it he hasn't tried anything. He gave me a room, bought me clothes, gave me food. He's being kind. Maybe she's right.

After I say bye to Lana I walk out of her office. We promised to keep in touch. If Seth's a nice guy he will let me talk to Lana, right?

I'm walking through the crowd when someone yanks on my hair. I turn around immediately and see Eva.

"What was that for?" I ask over the loud music. "Why are you trying to steal Rollins? He hasn't come to see me in weeks. It's because of you isn't it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Eva rolls her eyes and I turn back around but I bump into a drunk guy.

"Can we have a good time baby?" He says staring me down. I scrunch up my nose disgusted at the smell. "Help yourself mate! She's the cheapest whore we have here." Eva grins and I want to slap her on the face but she walks away.

As I'm watching her walk away I feel the man grab my behind. I turn around angry and push him.

"What is wrong with you?" I scream furiously. "Don't act like you haven't done it before." He laughs.

He grabs me by the waist and pulls me in. "Stop it!" I scream. Now I really wished Ambrose would've come in with me.

Suddenly someone yanks the guy off me and I see it's him. "Get your hands off her." The guy stumbles and tries to put up a fight.

Ambrose is way taller and way stronger though. He grabs the drunk guy by the collar. "I suggest if you don't want me to shove my boot down your throat to walk away." He says this so serious it scares me.

The drunk guy steps back and looks at me. "She's not even that hot." He walks away through the crowd and Ambrose grabs my hand leading me out the club.

"This is why I should've went in the there ma'am." He says a bit annoyed as he opens the door. "I didn't think that would happen."

"Excuse me but what else can you expect from a place like that?" I slowly look down at my feet embarrassed.

"I'm sorry ma'am. I didn't mean to raise my voice. I'm sorry. It's my job to protect you."