xxxv.

"Where are we heading to ma'am?" Dean asks as I walk down the last step. "I want to go for a run. Is that possible?"

Dean nods his head, "But we have to stick close to here. We don't want to bump into certain people."

I nod my head as we start walking towards the front door. Seth left after we ate lunch. He said he needed to do some stuff.

I never ask what's that "stuff" mainly because it's none of my business. Also because I don't want to invade his privacy.

He respects my privacy and doesn't ask questions I don't want to answer. So I should do the same to him.

As we head out the main door I turn my head and look at the two guards outside the house. "Are they always there?" I whisper to Dean as we start walking down the empty road.

"Yes ma'am. We have to stay alert at all times just in case of an emergency." Dean answers. "What kind of emergency?" I ask as I start stretching.

"Unusual activities. People roaming the house, cars going by too often... stuff like that." He says.

"Oh. Okay. Well I'm going to start running you can wait for me here." I say tying my hair in a ponytail.

"I'm running with you ma'am." Dean says. "But you don't have to, Dean. I'll be fine I won't go away too far."

"Sorry ma'am. I'm supposed to take care of you at all times." I sigh, "Okay your choice." I start jogging and Dean also starts jogging beside me.

So he was serious? As we get further away from the mansion I start speeding up. When I speed up he also speeds up.

It gets to the point where we're no longer jogging but we're sprinting. To my disadvantage I run out of breath and have to stop.

"If you put your hands behind your head and take deep breaths it will help with breathing ma'am."

I do as he says and take deep breaths. My lungs feel like they're bursting on fire and Dean looks calm. He's not even panting. He's just standing calmly and breathing perfectly fine.

"Why're you following me? I can run by myself." I say panting. "Like mentioned before it's my job to protect you at all times ma'am."

"I don't need protection while running." I turn around and almost fall on my face. Dean grabs me before I fall. "Watch out for that rock ma'am."

I feel my face turn red but maybe he won't notice because we've been running. I put my hands behind my head again and try to control my breathing.

"How're you not tired?" I gasp in between breaths. "I run two miles every morning and one in the afternoon."

My eyes widen, "Three miles everyday?" I like to exercise. I mean why not you know? But three miles? That's too extreme.

"I enjoy working out. Plus, part of my job is to know how to defend myself and the person I'm taking care of. You wouldn't want a skinny wimpy dude to be your body guard now would you?"

I chuckle staring at the six foot tall muscular man. "Yeah you're right." Dean smiles, "Should we keep going?"

"Okay. But we're running slower this time."

•••

By the time Dean and I get to the mansion the sun is already hiding. "Good workout ma'am. We should do it more often." Dean says once we walk in the house.

"Well it was certainly easier for you." I say taking a seat on a stool. As soon as I take a seat Seth walks out of the living room. 

"Welcome back, Nicole." I quickly straighten up and wipe my sweaty forehead. Dean excuses himself out of the room and Seth steps closer.

"I stink." I say embarrassed as he leans in to kiss my forehead. He sniffs me and smiles, "Smells likes roses and candy."

"Okay now you're just lying to me." I say laughing. "It really does." He says with a smile. "Okay if you say so."

"How about you take a shower and then come join me for dinner?" He asks. I nod my head quickly. "Great. What would you like eat?"

"Whatever you want." I reply jumping off the stool. I'm not used to getting so much attention from someone. Seth gives me so much attention and I don't know what I did to deserve it.

After I shower I get dressed. I'm combing my hair and making sure I look okay. But Seth's seen me just about any way possible.

He's seen me without makeup, crying,  sweaty, panicking and he still looks at me the same. I remember thinking that I always had to wear makeup and wear revealing clothes to make men look at me with sparks in the eyes.

Seth looks at me like that all of the time. And I don't even have to try. Every time I think about it, it takes my heart swell up with nothing but warmness.

After I'm done I walk downstairs into the dinning room. Seth is in his usual spot looking flawless like always.

When I see him my stomach starts turning into knots and I feel myself smile. I feel my heart beating a way it has never beaten before. I feel it deep inside of me and it's inevitable.

I take a seat and he looks up with smile. "You look stunning." He says. "Thank you. So do you."

He chuckles as he serves me some wine. "Why thank you." The food is already served for us two so we begin eating.

We don't talk for a few minutes but I don't mind the silence anymore. I used to hate it but now it's peaceful.

It's the good kind of silence. It's when you get comfortable enough around a person that you can have moments of silence and not feel awkward.

When we're half way through eating Seth finally speaks up. "I'll be gone the whole day tomorrow."

"The whole day?" I repeat with a bit of disappointment. "Yes. I have to leave really early in the morning and I probably won't be back until the next day. Or I might be back tomorrow night. I'm not sure."

"Where are you going?" I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't so curious about it. Seth usually leaves but comes back the same day.

"It's a reunion at a friends house." He says avoiding eye contact. "Oh." I say feeling my chest kind of tighten.

Based on my conclusions this reunion at a friends house is a gathering with his colleagues. If it's a gathering at one of their houses I'm a hundred percent sure there's going to be half naked women. Including Eva.

"Can I come?" I asks quickly thinking of multiple scenarios on my head. "Nikki, I'm sorry but you can't come."

"But why not? I'll behave and we don't even have to show up together or anything." I say in a pleading voice.

"Roman will be there. There's no way you're going." He says. "But-" he cuts me off before I have time to say something else. "But nothing. You're not going. I'm not risking your security."

I stare at my food and it suddenly doesn't look appetizing anymore. In fact it makes me feel queasy.