xxxviii.

I'm behind the couch panicking. I'm pressing my hand against my mouth so hard so that you can't hear my loud breathing.

The door opens and I peek a little. Lana quickly straightens her posture even more. There's footsteps and a tall shadow suddenly steps in front of her.

"What're you doing here?" Even though I can't see who it is I recognize the voice. It's a voice I would never confuse.

"I- I came to use the bathroom sir." Lana says. She looks so intimidated and scared and that makes me more scared.

"How about instead of wasting your time you go get me Paige? Or Naomi? Or Summer? Better yet bring the three here."

Lana doesn't answer right away and then he speaks up again. "Or what you can't bring them either? Just like you couldn't bring me Nikki?"

Lana starts breathing heavy and then he screams. "Bring then here!" Lana quickly glances at the couch and then she looks at him. "Okay sir. As you wish."

She walks out and on the way out she glances at me again. She makes a face and quickly continues walking.

Suddenly Roman steps up and walks to the living room. I curl up in a ball afraid he will find me here. "Don't you think you're drinking too much?"

When I hear Seth's voice I feel a bit more calmed. "No. I'm not drinking enough." Roman responds.

I feel someone sit on the couch I'm hiding behind and my eyes widen. I look up and see Roman's arm stretched across the couch.

"We came here to make business with Orton, Roman. We need to keep our head in the game if we want to make him our colleague." Seth says.

Roman chuckles, "I don't give a damn if Orton makes business with us." I hear him take a sip of his drink.

"Then why did you insist that we should come?" Seth's asks. Roman moves his arm and I hear him move.

"Because I thought Nikki would be here, Rollins. That's why." When my name is mentioned my whole body freezes.

"Roman we came here for busines-" Roman cuts off Seth. "I don't care about that right now! Don't you understand? All I can think about is her. I'm going to find her even if that's the last thing I do. And when I find her she will regret leaving me hanging."

I hear footsteps and then the door slam. Seth sighs and for a brief second I want to walk out from where I'm hiding but I don't.

Seconds later I hear more footsteps and the door close again. For a few minutes I stay curled in a ball.

"Why're you here?" Lana's words come to mind and I bang my head against my knees. Why am I here?

It was pointless, useless, and dangerous. By now Dean must be looking for me like crazy. Roman is here and if he sees me things are going to get ugly.

Lana said she would help me. So I wait a little longer. After a while I look around making sure no one is around. Finally I get out from behind the couch.

I wanted to wait for Lana but she's taking too long. Right now she's probably busy and I know I need to get out as soon as possible.

I'm walking towards the door as quiet and quickly as I can. When I'm finally out of the house I'm a bit more relaxed.

Now I just have to go across the yard unnoticed, walk out and don't let the guards suspect, go across another yard to get to the woods, find Dean and apologize for doing this, and go to Seth's mansion to wait for him.

You got this, Nicole. It should take me about a minute to make it across the yard if I run. But I also don't want to be panting when I leave because then the guards will suspect something.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. This is it. My eyes open again and I walk down the porch. When my shoes touch the grass I start running to the entrance.

It's starting to look closer and closer and-

"Woah. Slow down there honey." I almost scream when I run into a man. He stumbled but didn't fall.

My heart starts beating faster and it's not because I just sprinted but because I'm terrified. My eyes slowly travel up his suit until I make it to his face.

He's smiling and it makes me nervous. The man look young- probably in his thirties- he has a gray suit on and he's holding a glass of whiskey in his hand.

"I'm sorry sir. I didn't mean to..." my voice trails off and he smiles again. "It's fine. Where were you heading to?"

"I- I need to leave." I reply. "So early? The party is only getting started." He says. "Yeah but I just... I need to leave."

"Really? Then why did you come?" His voice sends chills down my spine. "Because - because... I don't know."

My voice sounds so shaky and frighten. "Why're you here?" He asks. "I'm here because I thought this is what I wanted but I don't."

"I saw every girl Lana brought. You weren't one of them. Now I'm going to ask you one more time, why are you here?"

I hold my breath as I dig my nails into my arm nervously. "Who are you? Are you here to spy on me? Who sent you here?"

His voice has gotten louder and I flinch stepping back. "No sir. I'm no spy. I came here with Lana but I was hiding because I got scared. I just don't want to be here. I want to leave."

The man steps closer to me. He stretches his hand and brings it close to me. At first I think he's going to hurt me but instead he puts my hair behind my ear.

"I don't believe you." He says quietly. My knees start feeling weak and slowly but surely I'm starting to feel helpless.

"I'm saying the truth sir." I reply feeling a knot in my throat form. He smiles shaking his head, "You're lying. And I'm sorry to say that I don't tolerate liars."

He puts the other side of my hair behind my ears. I stand still not being able to move any part of me.

"Orton, she's here with me." I suck in my breath when I hear Roman's voice behind me. The man looks at me and then at him. "I just saw her running from my house. She was trying to run away."

"She got scared. The girl is not used to this." He chuckles. I see Roman's shadow get closer and at this point I want the earth to swallow me whole.

Orton doesn't look too convinced but he agrees. "Okay. Just watch her closely." He takes another drink of his whiskey and walks away.

"Don't worry. I'll watch her real close." Roman responds. I can feel him standing behind me and my lungs are screaming for me to breathe but I can't.

He finally walks in front of me. When he looks me in the eyes every part of me feels frozen and weak.

"Nice to see you again, Nikki."