xvii.

"Thank you, Ambrose." I say as we walk in the house. It was really nice of him to take me to see Lana.

He wasn't allowed to because he said it was orders from "the master". Technically though I'm Seth's girlfriend- or something like that because I don't even know- so I can give orders too right?

He nods his head as he presses the elevator button to take my to my room. Once we're in my room he leaves the bags on my bed.

Before he walks out he turns to look at me. "My name is, Dean." He says quietly. "My name is, Nikki." I say with a smile.

He gives me a small smile and walks out. I start unpacking everything Seth bought me. I'm pulling out dresses, shirts, shoes and jeans. I can't help to feel extremely satisfied and happy.

Until I remember Brie.

"That guy gave you a ton of things and money and-"

"Yeah he did but for sleeping with him, Nicole."

"I don't see what's the big deal. You've done it before."

"I have but I can't do it anymore. I've been thinking about quitting for a while now. I think you should too. We could do something else, Nikki. We don't have to humiliate ourselves every night."

I wonder how Brie is doing now. I haven't talked to her in a few days. Every time I speak with her over the phone I get extremely depressed.

Brie is my twin, my other half, I feel lost without her. There's a hole on my chest that won't let me be happy.

Being away from her doesn't make me happy. But my ambition and my greediness is too strong. And I hate myself for that.

There's a knock on the door and I quickly take a deep breath trying to blink away the tears. When I open the door I see a man I haven't seen before.

"The master says dinner is ready." After he says that he simply walks away. I close the door again and walk to the bed.

I pick a cute skirt and a white shirt. Lana said Seth is trying to help me. I want to thank him for doing this and for being sweet.

After I reapply mascara and lipstick I head downstairs. On my way to the kitchen I spot Dean by the door.

I wave at him and he looks away quickly. He's a strange man. One minute he's chatty the other minute he's quite. I decide to shake it off before I walk to the table.

Seth is already sitting where he was this morning. "Hello sir." I say as I take a seat beside him.

"Hello Nikki." He says as he glances at me. "Would you like some wine? I've noticed you like it."

"I'd love some." I reply with a smile. He grabs the wine bottle and pours some into a cup. I look down at my plate which has pasta and some kind of meat.

We start eating and soon the room is filled with silence. It makes me feel really awkward because every once in a while I feel him staring at me.

I want to start a conversation but I don't know what to say. So instead I shove my mouth with food hoping I get done soon.

When our plates are empty a servant walks in to pick them up. "Would you like some more?" He asks and I shake my head no. "No thank you, sir."

"Very well." He gets up I look up at him. "Follow me, Nikki." He says as he starts walking away.

I get up following him behind. He walks down a hall to the last room. I suddenly feel disappointed. Is he making me sleep with him?

Of course. What else could it be? Why would it be any different with him? Why would it be any different with me? I'm probably just another girl.

He opens the door and lets me walk in. Seth takes a seat on a grey armchair and I stand in front of him. The room is kind of dark.

The light is very dim and the room looks empty. In fact the only thing in the room is that armchair he's sitting in.

He's holding a cup on wine on his right hand. The ring on his pointer finger is shining and impossible to miss.

He looks at me for what it seems forever and I feel intimated. I simply stand in front of him trying to keep eye contact as best as I can. 

Finally he decides to speak up. "What's your name?" His voice is calm and quiet. I look at him confused but reply anyways. It's not like I have a choice.

"My name is Nikki Bella, sir." He takes a drink from his cup and slowly shakes his head no. There's no expression on his face so I don't know what he's thinking.

"That's your stage name. I want to know your real name." No one had ever asked me my real name.

Obviously my family and Lana know it but I'd rather be called by my stage name. I like it better.

I don't answer and just keep looking at him. None of this is making any sense. And I should probably answer right now or it could be bad.

My job is to obey and do everything he says. Right now I'm not doing that. He could easily get angry.

Making him angry would be the worse thing. It could change his mind about having me here living with him.

I don't want to go back to that club. I don't want to dance half naked in front of dirty men. I don't want to hear or feel anything the say or do to me.

Seth suddenly speaks up again making me snap back to reality.

"What's your name?" His deep voice makes my heart race and sends chills down my spine.

I feel a sudden frisson of excitement and thrill.

"Whatever you want it to be."