xix.

When there's a knock on the door I don't even bother to open it. "Come in." I say as I stare at the white wall.

"Ma'am. Lunch is ready." I immediately recognize Deans voice but I don't turn around. "I'm not hungry."

"But the master-" I cut him off. "Tell your master I'm not hungry." Deans footsteps get closer to me. From corner of my eye I see that he grabs the tray of breakfast food he brought earlier.

This morning I didn't go downstairs to eat breakfast. Technically, I should've gone because it's orders but Rollins surprisingly hasn't forced me too.

I'm not ready to see him. Honestly I don't think I'll ever be ready to see him again. After the humiliating event last night the thought of being face to face with him makes me cringe.

I spot a phone that's in my room. Rollins hasn't gotten me a cellphone. Maybe he doesn't want me to try to communicate with Lana or Roman.

Slowly, I get out of bed and grab the phone. At first I'm second doubting myself whether I should call Brie or not.

In the end I end up calling her because she's the only one that can cheer me up. "Hello?" When I hear her voice my heart skips a beat.

"Brie." I say onto the phone as I take a seat on the bed. "Nikki? Where have you been? It's been weeks! I was so worried about you."

"I'm fine." I lie. "Really? You don't sound fine. In fact you sound upset. What's wrong?" Brie and I know each other very well.

It's like we can feel each other's emotions. It's a twin thing. "I'm not working with Lana anymore."

Brie squeals happily, "Does that mean you're coming home?" I bite the inside of my cheek and look at the floor. "I can't right now."

"But why?" She sounds so disappointed all of the sudden. "I'll explain later. Tell me, how are you? How is mom? How is JJ?"

"We're good. Moms really glad to have me back. She'd be happier if you were here too. You should call her sometime. Let her know you're okay and that you're doing well."

I'm about to reply when I hear a mans voice in the background. "Ready Brie?" Brie pulls away from the phone but I can still hear her. "Yes. Can you wait for me outside?"

"Who was that?" I ask because it certainly wasn't JJ's voice. "I met someone." Even though I can't see her I know she's smiling.

"Who?" My curiosity is running through my veins. "His name is Bryan. He's really sweet. We're going on a date right now. We're taking a walk on a beautiful park. He cares about the same things I do and he's a really good guy."

"I'm happy for you, Brie. You deserve that." She laughs a little, "Thank you! How about you? Have you met someone?"

I glance around the big room. It's so beautiful and it's everything I've ever wanted but it makes me feel empty and alone.

"I came to live with Rollins." The words slip out of my mouth without thinking. "What?" Brie asks.

"You heard me. I came to live with him. It's not how I thought it would be though. He hurt me." I hadn't realized how hurt I was until I said it.

"Did he hit you?" Brie sounds so worried. "No. It felt like it though. I thought he was different. But he humiliated me, he treated me like a .... he treated me like a prostitute."

"Nicole, how else did you expect him to treat you? You worked as a prostitute and a stripper. Tell me how else is he going to treat you?"

I gulp down the knot in my throat and stay quiet. "I'm not telling you this to bring you down. I'm telling you this because I love you and I don't want you to keep living like that."

"I know." I choke out. "We'll talk later okay? Have fun with Bryan. I love you." I hang up before I hear her voice because I would've started crying.

The whole afternoon I lay and overthink everything that Brie told me. I finally get out of the bed and decide to take a shower to get my mind off things.

When I walk out of the bathroom I see a gift box on the middle of the bed. My dripping wet hair is making me shiver as I walk to the box.

"Saw this dress and thought it'd look beautiful on you. How about you wear it tonight for dinner with me at seven. Yes?

- Seth."

I put the note down and carefully open the silver box with the huge white bow on top. When I pull the gorgeous red gown out of the box my heart stops.

It's long, silly, and beautiful. Along with the dress there's a pair of earrings, a necklace, and red shoes.

Dinner? Why would he want to have dinner with me? Why would be buy such an expensive dress just for dinner? Where are we having dinner? I have so many questions I don't know where to start.

•••

Before I walk out I glance at myself in the mirror again. I've always thought I looked awful with my hair up but tonight I decided to wear it up.

It compliments the dress better or so I think. I make sure there's no red lipstick on my teeth and that I look okay.

I walk out of the room and bump into Dean. He steps back immediately and looks at me. "How do I look?" I ask him.

He doesn't respond right away which concerns me. I knew I shouldn't have worn my hair up. Or maybe the makeup is too much.

"You look ... good ma'am." He says clearing his throat. "Thanks. Could you stop calling me ma'am? Or madam? It makes me feel old." I say as we walk to the elevator.

"You are the masters lady so that makes you my boss. I'm required to call you ma'am or madam."

The elevator door opens and I scoff. I'm Seth's lady? He sure doesn't treat me like a lady. But like Brie said what else can I expect?

I spot Seth by the entrance. He's wearing a black tux and his hair is in a bun. He looks so flawless without even trying.

He turns to look at me and I feel my cheeks immediately redden. "Hello sir." I say as he looks at me.

"My, oh my, Nicole. You look flawless."