v.

Lana's words echo in my mind. I keep hearing her call my name over and over. The men start cheering as I walk to the stage.

I'm feeling so relaxed that it doesn't even bother me to be here anymore. I walk to the pole and the music starts playing.

The light is on me and I start dancing. I'm not sure why but I'm feeling extremely happy. Paige was right it is a happy pill.

The men start throwing money at me and this makes me laugh. I'm getting so lost into the music that everything seems so fine.

A ton of flashbacks come to my mind. They're flashbacks of Brie and I playing when we were younger. Flashbacks of mom playing dollhouse with us. Those memories make me so happy.

I'm getting great flashbacks until suddenly my mind travels to a dark place I never wanted to think of.

"Nicole! I said I didn't want you to provoke any man!" His voice is loud and makes my heart race.

"But I didn't do anything." I whisper in a shaky voice. His dark eyes meet mine and he approaches me. "Are you calling me a liar?"

My heart is so loud I can hear it in my ears. I shake my head no and he stands in front of me. "Then why are you saying you didn't do anything when you know you did?"

"I don't... I don't know." I say the tears building in my eyes. "You just like to make me mad. Don't you?"

"No." I say as the tears spill from my eyes. He sighs angrily and turns around. For a second I think he's walking away but he turns back around and brutally slaps me across the face.

I fall on the floor and feel my face go numb. I touch my cheek and feel a few drops of warm blood on my lip.

He kneels down and looks at me. "See what you made me do Nicole? See?" He looks scared and I'm not sure why if he's the one that hit me.

When he moves towards me more I flinch. He slowly pulls me in for a hug. "I love you, Nicole. I love you so much."

I hug him back closing my eyes. He hit me. He hit me so hard and all I felt was love.

As the song continues to play and as I'm dancing around the pole my eyes start spilling tears.

I can't stop thinking about him. About every time he did that. The flashbacks won't stop. They keep coming and they're all horrible. Awful. 

"What happened to your face Nicole?" Mom asks. "Nothing mom. I must've hit myself in my sleep."

"With what? Your lip is busted." She looks at me concerned and I quickly turn my face. "It's nothing mom." I say angrily.

"Nicole you're hiding something from me." She says. I keep staring at the sink and avoid eye contact.

"Are you ready Nicole?" I look up panicking when I see him standing by the door. "Oh! Honey, why don't you come in for a drink." Mom says.

"No thank you Ms. Kathy. Nicole and I are going to eat." He looks at me and I nod my head. "Yeah mom. We're going out to eat."

"Alright. Don't you come in late now and be careful please! Don't be such a klutz." Mom says.

As soon as we're out the door he grabs my forearm harshly. "What did you tell her?" He whispers angrily. "Nothing. I didn't say anything."

"You better didn't Nicole. Otherwise I'm going to have to leave you." He let's go of my hand and gets in the drivers seat.

A deep panic starts spreading in my body. "You can't leave me." I whisper as I get in. He doesn't say anything and turns on the car. I look down and see that he left his hand print on my arm. Why did it feel like a kiss?

The tears are so hard to hold in and now I'm no longer in a happy place. I'm in a sad place and I want it to stop.

I keep dancing as the tears keep coming and I can't stop it. I squeeze my eyes hard but it only brings more painful flashbacks.

"Don't leave me, Brie. Not you too. Please." I say as tears fall from my eyes. "Come with me Nicole. Come on. Let's do it. Let's get out of this horrible place. Let's start a new life."

She's holding my hand so tight I can feel her pulse. "Don't leave. Please." As I'm saying these words I remember years ago when I begged him not to leave. I begged him to stay. I begged so hard and he was so heartless, so cruel, he left.

"I can't keep living like this, Nicole. I can't."

I'm breathing so hard and I'm trying not to sob. The men are still throwing money at me and they're whistling. They're staring me down like I'm a piece of meat.

My eyes catch a particular figure in the crowd. Rollins is looking at me. He's not whistling. He's not looking at me like I'm meat. He's looking at me with pity and sorrow.

I keep crying and I can't stop the voices in my head. I can't stop the terrible flashbacks. I move away from the pole and grab my head.

"Stop it! Stop it!" I scream. The music is so loud it's making me feel like my head is going to explode.

I open my eyes and see everyone staring at me.
The music is still playing and I can't be here anymore. I run off the stage through the crowd.

I have to get away. I have to make these thoughts stop. "Nicole! Nicole!" A voice in the back of my head says.

I keep running as my acid tears burn my face. "Nicole!" A voice says harshly. Is it him? It can't be.

Lana grabs my arm harshly and pulls me to the side. "What the hell is wrong with you?" She screams.

"Lana. Lana. Make it stop, make it stop please!" I sob. "What? Make what stop? What are you talking about?"

All I do is keep shaking my head and squeezing my eyes shut. "Nicole look at me." She grabs my face and I stop to stare.

My ears are ringing but I can still hear her. "What did you take? Are you high?" I shake my head no.

"You did take something. You're hallucinating. Who gave you drugs? Tell me." She's still looking in my eyes and I shake my head no again.

"I'm okay. I'm fine. I just... I didn't sleep good last night." I lie. She's about to say something when a voice speaks.

"Lana." It's a male voice and she immediately turns around. "Yes sir." She quickly says. Rollins is standing in front of us.

His hair is pulled back and he's wearing a grey suit. "I need my girls." He says. "Yes sir right away I just have to-"

"Now Lana." He says in a serious voice. Lana glances at me but she walks back in the club. I then realize I'm standing outside in the street half naked. 

It's so cold the wind dried my tears. Rollins looks at me and I look down embarrassed. He saw everything.

Everyone in there saw me freak out like crazy. I feel a deep embarrassment and I'm so ashamed. I want to walk back in but I can't. I'm so intimidated.

Suddenly I feel something warm on me. I look up and see that he took off his suit jacket and put it on me.

We look at each other for a while until he walks away. I finally take a deep breath and sigh relieved.

I thought those flashbacks were never going to stop.