xlii.

I'm walking down the hall trying to see if Seth is in his office. As I'm about to walk in I hear him talk on the phone.

"What are you talking about?" He sounds a bit annoyed. I turn around to leave because know I shouldn't be listening but-

"Roman we've talked about this." When he mentions Roman I'm suddenly intrigued. "I know it was none of my business.... I ... yeah I know. Okay but what you just wanted me to let you kill her?"

"Roman you're making no sense. If you would've done that you would've caused a scene... yeah and... okay would you at least let me fin... okay I understand that but.... fine. Talk to you later then."

As soon as he hangs up I hear Seth sigh loudly. I turn around again and start walking down the hall on my tip toes.

"You're a terrible spy." Seth says behind me. I freeze where I'm standing as he approaches me. "I wasn't trying to spy I was just looking for you." I reply embarrassed.

"Well what can I help you with?" He asks leaning against the wall. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out to the pool with me."

The little hope I have to spend time with him is suddenly snatched away when he shakes his head no. He's a busy, busy, man. I never get to see him at all.

Except when we eat together. And sometimes he doesn't even have time for that. He's constantly going on business trips and I know it's part of what he does but I can't help disliking it.

"I'm sorry, Nicole. As lovely and wonderful as that sounds I have to go solve some stuff." He says in an apologetic tone.

"I understand." I mumble quietly. "After we get this settle with Orton and make an agreement I promise I'll have more free time."

He runs his fingers through my hair and gives me a small smile. "Okay." I say looking in his captivating eyes.

"But you to the pool and have some fun. I'll eat supper with you later, okay?" He kisses my forehead and he's about to walk away when I speak up, "Is Roman really angry with you?"

"Kind of. I'm hoping her gets over it so we can make a deal with Orton." He answers. "Does he still want to kill me?" I murmur under my breath.

Seth grabs my hand gently with his soft hand and brings it close to his lips. "Don't worry about it. Okay? You'll be protected." He kisses my hand with so much sweetness it melts my heart. "Okay."

Before he walks away he kisses my forehead and then my lips. Having Seth here certainly makes me feel more secure. I walk down the hallway feeling a bit relieved.

•••

I'm staring at the pool while laying down on the pool chair. Today's a sunny bright day. Being out here is relaxing and calm.

My eyes start feeling heavy and I close them slowly. As I'm drifting to sleep I hear a voice that awakens me right away.

"Well, well, who do we have here?" The voice sounds familiar.. way too familiar. I quickly take off my sunglasses and feel my heart rate increase.

Orton is standing in front of me with a smile. He brings his index finger to his bottom lip and slowly scratches.

I don't respond anything and just stand still. "Nikki right?" He asks. I'm still stiff as he walks closer to me.

"The girl that crashed my reunion." He chuckles. "I don't see why Reigns tried to kill such a lovely lady like you." He stares me down in a way that makes me get shivers down my spine.

"Must be because you're with his best friend slash colleague. I wonder what Reigns will have to say about this."

"Sir, I'm just... I don't..." Im feeling myself panic because the last thing we need is for Orton to go blab about this.

"You seems so scared my dear, Nikki." He kneels down to me and slowly traces his finger up and down my thigh. "You have to be more confident. More fierce. Unless you want to get underestimated your whole life."

He looks me in the eyes away and I gulp down. "Don't be afraid of me. I won't hurt you." He gets closer to me and whispers in my ear, "But I don't know about Reigns."

My breathing quickens and I feel him smiling against my ear. He sniffs my hair and sighs. "You really are lovely. No wonder you have every men fall for you."

He pulls away from my ear and looks me right in the eyes. I feel the need to look away but his eyes won't let me. It's like he's got a hold of me and I can't do anything about it.

"You're quite enchanting, Nikki. I might spare your life and not tell Reigns. Simply because wow you've got a spell on me my pretty, Nikki." He stops tracing his finger on my thigh and leans in.

"It was a pleasure talking to you dear." He kisses my cheek slowly and dangerously close to my lips.

When he gets up he adjusts his suit jacket and I see Seth walk out. He looks shocked that Orton is here and I see the blood being sucked out of his face leaving him pale as a ghost.

Orton notices me looking behind him and he turns around. "Nice to see you Rollins. I came to surprise you but I'm the one that got surprised." He glances at me and then at him.

"Sorry for walking in your mansion like this but I noticed the glass door was opened. Then I saw an exquisite tan body laying on the chair and I couldn't help myself. So when I saw who the beautiful woman was I was shocked. As shocked as you are right now to see me here." He lowly chuckles.

"Listen Orton..." Orton interrupts Seth before he can finish his sentence, "No explanation needed. I'm not here to talk about your ravishing love affair. I'm here to talk about other things."

Seth clears his throat, "We can talk in my office." Orton nods his head and glances at me before he walks away.

When Ortons walking to the door Seth looks at me and I suddenly don't feel comfortable being out here anymore.

I wait a few seconds before getting up and then run inside. A part of me wants to go listen to what they're talking about but I don't.

When I'm in my room I squeeze my eyes shut feeling my heart still beating like crazy. Once again I got Seth in trouble.