Chapter 2 ~

Zayn didn't see the mysterious boy again until dinner the next day. The same old uniform made Liam's arse look so conspicuous. Zayn would of offered the boy to come and join him, but that would only make him look soft.

He watched the vulnerable boy sit himself in the corner of the room, isolating himself from the other inmates. But he didn't fail to miss the other pair of penetrating eyes which were glaring over to him.

"Hello," Zayn said as he sat himself down on the opposite side of Liam, looking at him close up for the first time.

Liam's gaze slowly lifted, widening his eyes as he realised who was sitting in front of him. His lips stayed sealed as his eyes traveled down to the top left breast of Zayn's uniform, reading over his name to confirm who he was.

Zayn chuckled to himself, although there was nothing humours about their current situation. "I'm Zayn." He said smugly as he pulled out a pack of cigarettes, taking one for himself and handing the other to Liam. "Take one."

"I don't-"

"Take it," Zayn repeated. His voice merely audible yet filled with menace. "If you don't I'll slash your brains out. You know I will."

Reluctantly, Liam reached across the table to take the cigarette out of Zayn's hand. He stared at Zayn for a long time, his eyes unreadable and emotionless.

"Put it between your lips, darling." Zayn sniggered, reaching into his back pocket to pull out the lighter Officer Styles had given him in return for a steamy make out session in the library.

Liam went rigid. Slowly, he put the dainty cigarette on to the table, breaking eye contact with Zayn. The only reaction he got was a small grin from the tanned lad while he glanced around the room, showing everyone who was watching that he wasn't insulted. It seemed not a soul in the prison had missed what had happened, including the guards.

"They tell me you were a doctor," he said with raised eyebrows. He got no answer, Liam only tensed under his gaze, so Zayn decided to drop the subject. "So, you must be pretty clever, right?" Zayn complimented, only being greeted by silence.

"So, Payne. Mark me. You're the finest piece of arse to walk through these halls since - Well, forever." He chuckled. "I'll bet men have made passes at you since you were what, twelve? Thirteen?"

The correct answer was thirteen but Zayn didn't need to know that, it seemed he already knew enough about his past.

"Well, you can rest at ease now, my dear." Zayn continued. "You are no longer up for grabs. I offered you a cigarette and you took it-"

"You forced me." Liam reminded.

"- That's debatable ownership. But just now, I offered you a cigarette. Let me light it and you're mine, meaning you're protected from all red necked man who'd kill you, trying to love you. No man in Buckland will touch what's mine."

"I don't want you to touch me!" Liam's voice cracked with force as he looked up to Zayn, their eyes locking.

"Sure you don't. But think about it, Payne. I'm the devil, you know." He chuckled, gesturing for Liam to pick up the cigarette. "Pick up the cigarette. Let me light it. Tell every man in Buckland that you're my girl. I'll go to my grave defending you and I expect no more than a kiss before bed at night."

"I'm no girl." Liam interrupted, glaring up to Zayn. "I'm not your girl, I'm not someone else's girl, I'm not a girl," he stated.

"My boy then. Or just mine. Now pick up that damn cigarette, Payne. Before anyone else gets to you. Eight against one is hard, even for me. I don't mind dying to protect your arse but I'd rather not do it before supper, tonight."