Chapter 10 ~

/ Warning! noncon attempt

The story of Zayn's conviction came to Liam in many different forms, he didn't know what to believe. The media accused him of killing his own family, and every time Liam mentioned it Zayn would ignore him or yell at him. All different tales came from the different people he asked. It didn't take him long to pick up on what was going on between the inmate and Officer Styles' relationship. But there was clearly more than meets the eye as every time Liam asked the Officer, he got ignored.

At the lunch hall, Liam had learned that his place was next to Zayn and over time he had learned to endure the hand that would slowly caress his thigh while he ate. Admittedly, the feeling wasn't the worse feeling in the world as Zayn made sure that he never pushed it too far or he never made Liam uncomfortable. The quick kiss every time the guards back were turned wasn't too bad, he knew that the sweet gesture wouldn't escalate into anything more and he was thankful for that. It was a simple way of declaring ownership. Since the incident, Zayn had known when he was going too far and would instantly pull back. He wasn't so demanding and he would never go in the showers until he was positive Liam was done. He was giving Liam more space yet he still demanded a kiss before bed, and now every morning.

After dinner, Zayn had gone to the library with Officer Styles and told Liam that he'd meet him back in his room. Of course, Liam didn't protest or complain, he simply nodded while gulping down the rest of his water.

The only way it was possible for Liam to get to his cell was to take a detour through the F-block where the incident with Jake had happened. Liam knew that he was the blocks tough guy, much like Zayn was the G-blocks tough guy. The other men in the block were alright to Liam and he knew Zayn must of said some kind of threat to him so the thought didn't really bother him anymore.

~

After dinner, Liam had wondered around for a bit, Just trying to make sense of where he was. As he had spent the first month here stuck to Zayn's side and in the jail's hospital, he didn't really know his way around.

It took a while, but gradually Liam found himself making his way through the F-Block, some of the inmates greeting him as he walked through. He stopped to talk to one of the inmates, he wasn't sure who he was but he seemed awfully happy to be in a place like this.

If he hadn't been so distracted, he would of noticed Jake made his way up behind him, his chest only inches away from Liam's back. "I've been watching you, Payne." He informed, his eyes trailing hungrily over his body. "You're too sweet for Malik. I bet his dick tastes like Styles' shit." He snickered.

Liam didn't turn around but he did tense up. "Spit it out, then." The visceral response came as a relief. True, Zayn did spend a lot of time with Officer Styles, and Zayn did scare him, but when it came to normal men, normal threats, he was still the Liam Payne that could defend himself. "And while you're at it, piss off."

Jake's eyes widened. "Turn around and say that."

Liam turned around, and sure, Jake was a little taller, a little more muscular and a little tougher than him but he could take it. When Jake lunged at him, Liam instantly knew what to do. As he had grew up in a rough area, self defence was something he could easily rely on in these situations and without thinking. They ended up in a bit of a strange position with Jake laying on his stomach and his arm bent right back, even as the man grunted and tried to break free of the hold, Liam gripped Jake's lower half in a scissor hold.

"Give." He warned, his voice in a dangerously low tone, for someone who was an innocent convict. "Give or I'll break your arm. I swear to God,"

Something hard connected with the side of Liam's face. He let go of Jake's arms and legs. It took Liam a while to realise that he had been struck by a glancing kick. The wet warmth on his upper lip was blood. With his head still reeling, Liam felt himself hauled up by two of Jake's crew, spun roughly around and bent over the half brick wall. None of the F-blockers were there, even the boy Liam was talking to had disappeared. No one had stuck around to defend him.

Still dazed, by the kick, Liam felt his trousers pulled down. His boxer shorts were gone too. He tried to scream and struggle but two of Jake's men held him in place while an apelike hand clamped over his mouth. His heart beat wildly against his rib cage, blood roaring in his ears as Jake rubbed up against him. It was happening again. Liam was now bare arsed, helpless, it was jabbing against his inner thigh and about to -

"Jake," a familiar voice said between panting breaths, ragged with exertion yet fundamentally calm. "What's this then?"

Liam snapped back to reality. The wild roaring in his ears shut off. Such was his dread of Zayn - the realisation that he was present, with Liam in such a venerable state, snapped Liam back to himself as nothing else could.

"Just looking over your boy." Jake's simian fingers detached from Liam's mouth. The other men backing away, too.

While trying to back away from the wall that Liam was bent over, he tripped over his shorts and trousers, still wadded around his ankles, and fell over.

Jake laughed as Liam flailed, making himself decent as fast as he could. But Jake's friends weren't laughing, they were blanked faced, watching Zayn.

"Jake," Zayn said, his voice uneasily calm "You used the phrase 'my boy', do you not know it's meaning?"

"Oi," he retorted quickly, glaring over to Zayn. "You in love or something, Malik?" Jake scoffed. "Do you whisper Payne's name into your pillow every night before you fall asleep?"

As Liam got to his feet, Zayn's eyes studied over his face. "You're bloodied. Who did it?" He asked, ignoring Jake's childish ways.

Liam wasn't sure which one of Jake's friends kicked him, nor did he know if he was supposed to answer. He was growing wise to the prisons ways and he didn't want to grass on anyone, even if they did kick him. "I don't know."

"Fair enough," Zayn said, spinning around and throwing himself towards Jake. Liam noticed the shining object in his hand and braced himself for the screaming.

"Pull it out! Pull it out" Jake wailed, the piece of glass pledged deep into his stomach.

In that moment, Zayn turned to Liam. "Admit to nothing. Say as little as possible. I'll see you in the commons, tonight." He murmured into his ear then he was off, sprinting to safety.

Later that day, Liam found himself exhausted and under intense scurtiny, but he kept Zayn's advice and he didn't admit to anything, he didn't grass Zayn up and he said as little as possible so he was soon free to go.

~~

Dedications to: JourneyP DanasWriting Happily643 LostNostalgia :-)