Chapter 8 ~

By the time Liam had come back to his room, Zayn was already there. It would appear that he had already made himself at home as his sketch books were covering the desk and hiding the bible which the prison issued to every cell. From what he could tell, Zayn hadn't gone through his things or just genuinely ruined the room. Liam wasn't surprised to see Zayn, for he hadn't really given any evidence against him, claiming that he hadn't seen the convicts face. It wasn't because he didn't want Zayn to get in trouble, like hell he did. He didn't want to see what seemed to be his only acquaintance, and his only source of protection, get taken away.

"What are you doing here? I've given evidence against you! They told me I'll be alone until I got assigned a new cellmate." He lied through his teeth, standing up to Zayn for the first time, although he knew it wouldn't last., he was still terrified.

"Poor me." Zayn repeated his former words from in the food hall as he swung his legs over the edge of the be, getting up and making his way over to Liam, his eyes raking up and down his built up body. "I did say I expected a kiss before bed, didn't I?" He whispered in Liam's ear, the small smirk evident on his lips.

Unfortunately, the only light in the whole of the block was Officer Styles' torch which shone in the cells occasionally and the dim light hanging on a loose wire which flickered every time there was the slightest hint of of wind. The light reflected on to Zayn's face and made his emotionless eyes seem unusually bright and his razor sharp jawline seem impossibly more defined.

"This is the part where you say yes, pretty boy." He hummed, the smirk still hanging proud his perfect bow-lips. "Or I'll kill you." He snapped, although his face stayed blank.

"Yes," Liam blubbered out defenselessly, "just kill me first, then do what you want! I'm begging you just-"

He was cut off by a cold finger against his lips, causing them to instantly snap shut. Liam felt like a right fool, begging Zayn to kill him, yet stumbling over every command. Carefully, the cold fingers trailed down to his neck, feeling Liam's pulse beat frantically, like the wings of a trapped bird.

"Jesus, Payne." Letting go of the shaking lad, Zayn pushed at his chest, letting him stumble back and land on the bottom bunk. Dropping down beside him, Zayn wrapped his arms around Liam's shoulders, ready to grip him in a headlock incase he tried to pull back.

Lightly, Zayn pressed his lips to Liam's forehead, smirking at the younger ones reaction. "One kiss paid up, you've earned yourself a quiet night." He smiled, pulling out a cigarette.

Liam was a blubbering, helpless mess. He didn't want to be here cuddling with a real murderer. He didn't want to be tucked under Zayn's arm, falling to his submission.

"Oh for fuck sake," Zayn murmured, not really knowing why Liam was suddenly so broken, so he jumped to an assumption. "Some wrongs can't be undone. Certainly in your case. There's no point looking back, only forward." Zayn mumbled softly. "Sitting there bawling away won't bring a mother back to life. Or her child."

"I didn't-" Liam tried, only getting cut off again. He made a small nose, which came across more like a choked laughter than tears.

"Perhaps not. I've never cared for doctors." The tattoo coated lad sighed, looking at the top of the bunk. "But go ahead, darling. Tell your tale." He encouraged.

And that's how they killed some time. Liam talking about how he tried everything he could, explaining some things that Zayn didn't really understand. In all honestly, the older boy wasn't listening, he had already heard the story from Officer Styles and he didn't care to hear it again, but he stayed silent, letting Liam pour his heart out.

Liam tried to contrast the conversation, getting Zayn's reason for being in the prison but he simply laughed him off, dropping the dog-end of the cigarette on to the floor. "Me?" He grinned. "I'm a murder."

The silence laid comfortable between the two for a while before Zayn shifted. "Away with you."

"What?" Liam questioned, his train of thoughts coming back from far away, watching Zayn's finger point to the top bunk.

"Tonight's kiss is paid up. Away with you and not another peep until morning."

~~

If you're reading this, don't give up on your dreams. Don't stop smiling and don't let others bring you down, you might not think yourself much to the world but you're the world to someone else.

I've rewritten chapters one and two. Thank you for reading ily guys.

Dedication to @queenchristis @JourneyP @TheFlowerPrincess_ @Ziall_lovin because you guys commenteddd.