Chapter 9 ~

Early the next morning, Liam found himself pressed between Zayn and the wall of the bottom bunk with a lanky arm draped casually across his shoulder, almost as if nothing had happened between the two.

Apparently, while Liam was away, Zayn decided that he would at yet another rule into the deal and now he expected a morning kiss.

It took a while for it to sink in. That Liam was actually this close with one of the most notorious people in London, or how he actually felt attracted to the man, but when it did it was like a punch in the gut.

Of course, Liam had been hesitant about the 'Good morning kiss'. It's not everyday he jumps into bed with a psycho. But, in all honestly it felt good to be so close with someone.

Zayn had sensed the reluctant gleam in Liam's eyes when he demanded a kiss, so he instantly positioned him by the wall, making it close to impossible to escape.

There was a comfortable silence in the air, Zayn's fingers trailing over Liam's arm until he finally spoke up.

"Payne, did I hurt you that bad?" He asked when he noticed how tense he was.

The silence answered his question, Liam didn't speak, nor did he look at him. He was frozen into a very much confirming position.

"Listen, some wrongs can't be undone. You of all people should know that," he began, the insult falling from his lips. "I wronged you in the showers. I know that now." He whispered against his temple. "And know, I'll never wrong you again. I'll never use you like that again. Ever.

"I really meant what I said, Payne. About protecting you. We can't start again, but we can start again as cell mates. Payne, I-"

"Liam." He interrupted, finally meeting Zayn's eyes. "Call me Liam." He murmured, not too sure why he started calling him by his last name.

"Liam," he purred, capturing Liam's chin with his fingers lightly and pressing their lips together, humming contently.

~

Liam was wondering the halls of Buckland prison later that morning when he came across a very stereotypical looking prison gang. Of course, the men had heard that Liam was Zayn's new plaything but at first glance, it would appear that one of the men could take Zayn down with no trouble. Regardless, Liam carried on down the hallway, keeping his gaze low and avoiding all eye contact at all costs.

He thought he had finally made it past the men without getting any hassle from them, assuming he was wrong and that Zayn could effortlessly take all of them down. He hadn't had time to count how many there were but he knew there was at least 5.

"Want something sweet to suck on?" Jakes rough voice broke the silence. Before Liam could decide if he wanted to simulate deafness and ignore the group or hurl back an insult to them, Zayn stepped out of the shadows.

As Liam turned around, he noticed a few of the men who were in fact carelessly gawping at his arse. His face seemed to mirror the horrified expression that the other men had, because, like them, he had been unaware of Zayn's presence.

Wordlessly, Zayn took Jake by his bicep, which he could hardly wrap his fingers around, and guided the man away so he could quietly talk to the man. To Liam's relief, no violence was used. White with fury, the man walked away, the small crowd walking off behind him.

Liam never though he would be so happy to see Zayn. "What did you say?" He murmured when the man appeared back at his side.

"Never you mind," Zayn didn't seemed bothered by the matters, nor did he seemed concerned. "Let's go to the food hall and think nothing more of it."

--

Ok I'm writing the next chapter basically straight after I've posted this one so when this one has enough votes and comments I'll update. Loads of people have suddenly started reading Against All Odds and I wrote that ages ago. I probably won't update that until I've finished this and Wonderwall, but if someoen wants to co-write it they can.

Dedications go to Honeypieonly9, Nahiadirectioner, TheFlowerPrincess_ because you guys commented ily.

Vote, comment, fan ~