Chapter 6

Beast Boy’s POV

I looked at my love- my new mate, and backed away a few steps. I was horrified that I had claimed my Raven against her will. She flinched- probably scared of me now, and windows around us smashed, the rest of the team shielding themselves from the shards. I choked back a sob.

Raven’s POV

I flinched as he backed away from me with a disgusted expression; windows smashed around us as Timid surfaced. I stood up slowly, testing my legs with my weight before turning away from Beast Boy and towards the rest of the team- nodding at them in dismissal before teleporting to my room in the T-Tower.

‘He doesn’t want me’

Beast Boy’s POV

A ripping pain shot through my body as she left. I fell to my knees in pain.

‘What is that?’

‘That- idiot- is the pain of first rejection; you only have another two left before you will lose control of your body.’

‘Why?’

‘Then it would become my job to rein this body, to do as I see fit. I will do anything to get Raven back- with or without her consent.’

‘Do you get three chances too?’

‘No- the change would be permanent. An animal’s mate never rejects them; we always get what we want.’

Raven’s POV

Tears fell down my face and into the carpet as I sat down at my desk, staring at the blank paper in front of me. Shakily picking up a pen I began to write.

Something exploded behind me- but I took no notice.