Chapter 16

Raven’s POV

“Welcome back, Raven.” Nightwing smiled at me. I smiled back- before a deep growling came from Hunter.

“She’s mine.” Hunter snarled at him- his arms tightening around me territorially.

“I know Hunter- I’m welcoming her back to the team, as her leader.” Nightwing said coolly- looking directly at Hunter.

I frowned “What’s going on?”

Nightwing looked at me- seemingly apologetic.

“You were gone for five years Raven. Naturally Garfield’s instincts would tell him to protect you from harm; but as you were gone for so long after her claimed you as his, the instincts have become stronger to the point that he will be over-territorial until he marks you as his. But he will always be a little over-protective of you- no matter what. But I’m warning you Raven- he’s not the same person you knew before.”

I looked at him in disbelief. “You did a lot of research on this- didn’t you boy blunder?”

He chuckled. “Yep.”

Another growl came from Hunter.

“Anything else I need to know?”

Richard laughed and looked away from me- rubbing the back of his neck.

“We have the subject of the bedrooms… You and Garfield need to talk about the possibility of moving out of your old rooms and take over the floor above us.”

I looked back at Garfield, silently asking for his input.

He chuckled deeply at me and I blushed.

“Will you be comfortable living together Raven?”

I blushed harder, itching to pull my hood over my face like I had so many times before, but settled for looking down at my feet instead.

“I think we can assume she’s fine with it- look how red she is!” Victor teased.

“Shut up…” I mumbled into Garfield’s chest.

They all laughed, Garfield rubbing my back with his thumbs.

“Good- your things have been moved already.” Richard smirked at the two of us.

“Of course they are Richard.” I said in my monotone.

“The two of you seem to have the catching up to do- we will leave you to do so.” Kori smiled at us; “I will call when dinner is done…” she floated to the kitchen.

“Oh dear…” Vic walked out of the room, mumbling about teaching Kori how to cook.

“Shall we?” I asked Gar.

“We shall” he chuckled at me. I smirked and teleported with him to our new floor.