Chapter 10

Beast Boy’s door; the whole reason I couldn’t stay- and yet I couldn’t bring myself to blame him.

Dearest Beast Boy,

I’m sorry I treated you so horribly throughout my years in the Teen Titans.

I cannot tell you how regretful I am. It’s my entire fault- but my absence should enable you to find a better person than I. Find a girl- and be happy. But there is one thing that I feel I must tell you before I disappear from your life forever; I love you Garfield Mark Logan.

This is why I am leaving- I must be honest. I cannot stay knowing it would practically force you to always be near a reclusive, evil half-demon- or avoiding one... I could not bear to be so selfish. So you will never see me again.

Please don’t blame yourself- no-one else will blame you.

Think of it as my last gift to you- one to make up for everything I have done to you; but I know nothing will ever be enough.

“Here I go, so dishonestly… leave a note, for you- my only one. And I know you can see right through me, so let me go- and you will find someone.” –Yellowcard, Only One

Raven

Eyes sore from crying, I tapped in the combination, quickly slipping into his dark room. I walked silently towards his bed, where his figure twisted and writhed in his sheets- perhaps a bad dream. More tears leaked from my eyes as I placed the letter on his bedside table.

‘It couldn’t hurt, could it?’

I bit my lip before bending down and lightly kissing him- pulling away almost immediately before walking out of the room, teleporting to the roof.

His tossing and turning stopped as forest green eyes snapped open.