Chapter 13

Five Years Later

Ages: Raven 21, Beast Boy (Hunter/Garfield) 22, Cyborg (Victor/Vic) 25, Robin (Nightwing/Richard/Dick) 23, Starfire (Koriand’r/Kori) 23

Beast Boy’s POV

Five years- to the day. It had been five years she left. A lot had changed- post her disappearance. The Beast and I merged trying to find her, our mate; we are now known as The Hunter. We were ambitious, vicious, violent and daunting; but our efforts to find her were fruitless- though we will never give up. Robin cut off his ties with his childhood- becoming Nightwing. The Teen Titans grew up- becoming The Titans.

The fun in our job was long gone.

It was morning- and my coffee didn’t seem as inviting as it used to. I sighed bitterly as Nightwing walked in- ‘business as usual, I suspect…’ ‘No- something’s off…’

“Bruce invited us to see a play in Gotham- he said something about seeing an old friend. I for one want to see what he was talking about.” He looked around at us. “What do you think?”

“Perfect- when do we do the leaving?” Starfire clapped her hands and floated out of the TV room.

“Now- the show is tonight, Bruce will meet us there. Titans East will look after Jump while we’re gone.”

I nodded and walked out of the room.

That Night

Stepping out of the car, my ears twitched as loud sounds assaulted me from all directions. I scowled, fists clenching.

“Remind me why I’m here again?”

Victor laughed at me as I grumbled about killing Richard.

We took our seats at the front. Bruce sat next to the isle, then Vic, Kori, Richard and me on the end- a lady taking her spot on my left. The show started and I was immediately bored.

Raven’s POV

I sat down, ignoring all the humans around me. I yawned as the show began- my mind focusing on the task at hand, this was no pleasure trip. The man next to me yawned as well, and I smirked slightly. ‘A possible candidate…’

My eyes shifted to his form, my already grey skin paling. ‘Beast Boy’

I shut out my emotions for the young man before they could surface.