Chapter 19

Raven's POV

I woke to Garfield running his fingers through my hair.

"Gar?" I mumbled

"Maybe..." a deep voice chuckled, drawing me closer to breathe in my scent.

"Beast. Long time no see." I stated- slightly nervous.

"Hmm."

"You're mad." I stated, swallowing slightly.

He sighed. "Yes, but I understand why you did what you did."

I nodded, still unsure of what I had gotten myself into.

"You're still frightened."

I froze. He noticed- what do I do?!

Tell him. He's your mate. Wisdom advised.

I'm his mate. There's a difference. I retorted back to one of my emotions.

There was no answer from Wisdom.

"I'm aware of my situation, and am cautious. Not afraid- but cautious." I corrected him, looking up at him.

He stared down at me, contemplating.

"You have no need to be cautious around me, but do as you may until you are comfortable."

I let out a breath that I didn't realise I was holding in.

"Do you have any questions, mate?" he asked- his fingers running through my hair again.

I thought for a moment.

"Why do you appear differently now then how you did with the Adonis incident?"

He shifted so he was lying on his back, pulling me along with him to lie on his chest- looking him in the eye as my chin rested on his chest.

"That was the day that I was created separate from Garfield. When I took you from Adonis' grasp in the sewers, I knew that you were my mate. Animals only mate with their own species, correct? So the next time I took over Garfield's body, I became human looking."

I nodded in understanding.

"For Garfield's more primitive side- in definition, you are very insightful and intelligent." I mused, more to myself than to Beast.

He chuckled, running one of his hands up and down my back. I shivered, pressing even closer to him.

"I've been naturally adapted over the years in Garfield's mind to match your own intelligence."

I nodded slightly, trailing my fingers across his chest absently.

Suddenly a thought hit me. "But what if-"

*Alarms sound*

Beast sat up immediately, clutching me close to his chest. His pointed ears flattened backwards as he snarled.

"Beast, what's going on? I haven't heard that alarm before..."

"Someone's attacking the tower-" The power shut off. "And they've gotten in; they just shut off the systems"

"Let me go so I can change into my uniform. We have to fight them off."

"NO" he snarled, pulling me back into his chest as I attempted to get out of the room.

"Why? If they were powerful enough to break into the tower- the team won't be able to hold them off without us!" I struggled in his grip, the door was only a few steps away...

"It'll endanger you; my mate. My main priority is to take care of you; and only you." he snarled back, his grip on me tightening as I tried to get away.

*BANG*

*BANG*

*CRASH*

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Updated! Wow- I was so supprised when I saw how many people asked for an update! I'm so happy!

I wasn't expecting this book to be very popular...

So it will end soon as I am going to concentrate on my up and coming book, Angel's Mercy. Have a read! (when it gets put up that is)

Until next time...

Vote!

Comment!

Fan!

That's all folks! (I don't own that line :)