Chapter 5

Raven’s POV

The Beast was back.

‘Shit’      

He let out a low, threatening growl- directed at Slade. He took three long strides towards me, curling his long fingers around the blade positioned at my throat. Slade pulled the blade closer to me, but Beast wouldn’t budge- a murderous expression on his face. He growled again before punching Slade very hard in the face, ignoring the deep cuts now on his fingers and palm from the blade.

Slade let go of me and stumbled back before pressing another button and teleporting away. I swayed, the world spinning around me. The Beast picked me up and gently laid me down on the floor before I could pass out, crouching over me.

My eyes flickered closed as I concentrated on my breathing. I could feel his calloused hands checking my vitals, fingers brushing over my injuries. My eyes snapped open when we gently drew a finger along the cut across my throat before bringing his hand (which was, by that time, covered in my blood) to his face and looked at it- frowning slightly.

I jumped as he growled-his eyes narrowing into slits.

“How dare he? You are mine.” He growled- barely aware of the rest of the team watching him carefully, fearing for my safety.

I frown- confused. ‘I’m his? What?’

He kneeled down and lifted me up slightly; one hand wrapped around the back of my waist and the other hand gently cupping the back of my head of support. He leaned down and nuzzled my neck lightly before his tongue flicked out- gently cleaning the wound.

‘I would heal it myself- but I’m just too tired. But why’s he helping me? It’s not in The Beast’s nature… Wait- he said I’m his?’

My eyes flickered closed again as I felt the wounds closing over.

Suddenly my breathing became heavier when it all clicked. My eyes snapped open in alarm.

‘The Beast just claimed me as his mate…’

The Beast paused for a moment, frowning slightly and smelling the air. He looked at me again.

“Why do you fear me, mate?”

I froze for a moment, before frowning slightly- eyes rolling back to the back of my head for a moment before he sat me up, curling me closer to his chest with one arm, the other brushing along my cheek, keeping me for passing out.

His free hand moved to the back of my head as he nuzzled my neck, letting out a sound halfway between a purr and a growl.

“I will never hurt you; you are my mate, and I will protect you.”

I smiled the tiniest of smiles, wrapping my arms weakly around Beast’s neck in a small hug.

“I know” I answered, pulling away again.

“I will leave it up to Garfield to do the rest- for now. You will be seeing me soon. I can only sit back and watch you from his eyes for so long.” He said lowly in my ear- sending shivers down my spine as I un-intentionally arched my body closer to his.

Beast smirked, satisfied with my response, and kissed my neck (causing me to gasp in pleasure- ‘what the hell is he doing to me?’). He let go of me and stepped back, letting out a shudder and transforming back into Beast Boy.