Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:

Cecilia's POV

"Isn't this awesome? He gets tickets like these for every game." Stella grinned. We sat in super comfortable chairs beside the field and near Max's team.

"It's great." I said forcing a smile. I was still tired and still disappointed in myself for the previous night.

"Come on Cece, what's up? Why are you so down?" She asked.

"I'm just tired from last night." I assured forcing a smile. I had on a black pair of leggings and a white long sleeve with a black baseball hat on. My hair was in two braids and the hat was covering my tired eyes. I also had on a light coat.

"Jeeze, you got it pretty good eh?" She smirked and I rolled my eyes. Stella had on one of Max's jerseys and a pair of leggings.

"Oh yea. It was actually fantastic." I smiled looking away. Even though I was drunk and I only remembered bits and pieces.

"Damn girl. Too bad you only wanted a one night stand. You haven't had a boyfriend in how long?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"No one really catches my eye for a relationship." I sighed.

I looked on the field as a familiar head of brown hair jogged near us. I remember running my fingers through his brown locks and they were so damn soft. Fuck.

"Go dad!" Stella cheered. Max glanced up and saw us and waved slightly. I pulled my hat down more so he couldn't see my eyes.

I didn't know much about soccer except for the fact that there were no shift changes and that most of the players played the full ninety minutes unless they were subbed off. It was the same for our field lacrosse except coach tried to sub us off a few more times so that we could take a rest.

Max was fast and he was strong, if he fell down he was up in a matter of seconds.

"Go dad! Shoot!" Stella yelled. The ball came out and Max shot the ball into the low right corner. I stood up with Stella and we clapped and cheered as Max celebrated with his team.

The rest of the game went smoothly and Max's team won, he was our way home so we waited at the back of the stadium for him. I had my hands in my pockets and I scuffed the ground with my shoes and kicked rocks because he was taking long and I wanted to go home.

I needed time to myself to think without Max in the room beside me or someone next to me asking if I am okay.

"You sure you're alright?" Stella asked.

"Yea, like I said I am just tired." I assured. As I said that Max emerged from the back door. His hair was damp and he ran his hands through his hair and smiled at us.

"Ladies." He nodded unlocking his car for us. Stella got in the passenger seat and I got into the backseat.

"You played really well." Stella smiled.

"Thanks Stells, did you guys have fun?" He asked.

"We did. The seats were super comfy too."

"Yea, they are really comfy. You guys hungry?" He asked.

"Cece, wants to head home. She's a bit tired. As am I, do you mind dropping me off first?" Stella asked. Her house was closer to the stadium than mine. My heart pounded in my chest at the thought of Max and I alone in a car.

"Yea, no problem. I'm going to head to Loblaws and grab one of those rotisserie chickens." He said pulling out of the parking lot.

"Cool, thanks." She smiled and I sighed mentally.