Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One:

ONE YEAR (and a few months) LATER

Cecilia:

"Happy birthday dear Caleb! Happy birthday to you!" We sang as I set a cake in front of Caleb. Caleb was three and we were celebrating his birthday in our new backyard. A few months ago Max had asked Caleb and I to move in with him.

He hated the old house that reminded him of Katherine so he bought a new house. It was on a hill in a more rich neighbourhood and it was amazing. The backyard was huge enough for Caleb to have a trampoline, swings...whatever he wanted. We had a pool but Max had it sectioned off by a fence so that Caleb couldn't go near it.

The house was bigger than the old one so Max had asked Anne to come with us. She stayed home to watch Caleb if Max and I had to go out and she kept the house clean.

Caleb was learning how to skate already, we had stopped into a sports store and Caleb was all over the hockey section and begging for a pair of skates. Max had enough space that he built a small rink for him. I think Max was a little disappointed that his son didn't enjoy the sport that he played but he was also happy that he was so passionate about hockey.

Stella and Jackson had moved in together as well. When Jackson left for away games Stella would often come stay with us for a few days. A few months back Jackson had asked Stiles and I out where he asked us our opinion on asking Stella to marry him. We were twenty-one and Stella and Jackson have been together for a long time. Hell they were still both virgins. I told him to go for it because Stella only had eyes for him, however Stiles was a little skeptical about it.

But later he agreed that Stella and Jackson were just those people that were meant to be.

Stella and Jackson's wedding was in a few weeks so that Jackson could take her on their honeymoon for a month. Neither of them have been somewhere warm and they wanted to get away from Vancouver for a short period of time.

Stephen was playing for the  Toronto FC, he bought a condo out in the city and met a girl. It was actually a police officer. She pulled him over for speeding and needless to say they have been together since. She was a really nice girl and was trying to apply to be a detective. Stephen constantly said that he was nervous for her because of her job but she was a strong girl and nothing slowed her down.

Stiles on the other hand was still playing lacrosse for UBC. He was doing amazing and he met a rather...clumsy girl.

Her name was Chloe and she was more clumsy than Stiles. She couldn't play sports for the life of her. She was a bubbly blond but Stiles loved her to death.

Both my parents came down for Caleb's birthday. Connor was eighteen and still annoying as hell. Him and his buddies were playing a few small town gigs with their band. Although he was annoying he was still really good at playing guitar and singing. His band was actually pretty good. Cameron was sixteen and I told him straight up to stop being a fuckboy because that is what he was doing. Colton was fourteen and was enrolled into prep school for football.

The gym was doing amazing. So amazing that I had enough money to expand and make it bigger. I hired two other trainers, one was Lindsay and she was a power lifter and the other was Ashton and he was good friends with Jake.

"Happy birthday cutie." I smiled kissing Caleb's cheek. His curly hair was under a beanie as usual and he had on a hoodie that I had gotten him with his last name on the back and a lacrosse logo on the front. He had on jeans and Vans that Max bought him.

"Thank-you." He smiled while I handed him a piece of cake. He dug in and ate his cake while sitting next to Colton. We just had a family party with my family, Stella, Stiles, Jake and even Stephen.

For his birthday, he was dying for a puppy so needless to say, Max and I went out and got him what he wanted. It was a Golden Retriever and one of Max's buddies went to grab him for us.

"I wanted cake too, Ce." Connor said.

"Connie you are eighteen. You are a big boy." I smirked. He hated it when I called him Connie.

"Such a good host." He said rolling his eyes.

"Mommy, I'm done!" Caleb sang. I chuckled and took his plate and wiped his face which he fussed over.

"You can't have your face dirty, Cale. What if a girl sees you?" Connor asked him. Caleb loved Connor and being three now he agreed with everything he said.

"Ok." He smiled getting off his chair. He ran over to the presents and went to grab one until Max scooped him up and he laughed.

"Did you ask mommy if you can open those?" Max asked. It was getting late and I knew my parents had a train to catch.

"Is he here yet?" I asked Max and Max nodded.

"Is the present here? We are going to have to get going, darling." My mom said and I nodded throwing plates in the garbage.

"Ok Caleb, mommy and I got you a special present but you have to keep your eyes closed." Max said setting him down. Caleb grinned and closed his eyes. Knowing he would cheat I ordered Connor to go put his hands over his eyes.

"Uncle Connie is going to cover your eyes, Caleb." I said.

Connor was finishing his drink and Caleb balled his fists.

"Uncle Connie!" He ordered.

"I'm coming buddy, calm down." He said jogging over to him. He quickly covered his eyes and Caleb began giggling as I pulled out my phone.

Max brought in the tiny golden puppy in his arms and I nodded to him as he set him down.

"Okay ready Caleb? One...two...three!" I counted. Connor removed his hands and Caleb opened his eyes and looked around before his eyes landed on the puppy that was sitting in front of Max.

"A puppy!" He screamed running over. The poor dog looked at Caleb oddly as Caleb kneeled down in front of him and began petting him. The puppy moved closer and began licking Caleb's hands as he did so.

"Cale what are you going to name him?" Max asked.

"Ovechkin!" He grinned naming his favourite hockey player. I sighed and Max laughed.

"How about Ovi?" Max asked and Caleb nodded.

"Ovi." He hummed while hugging the dog to him.

"Ovi and Caleb already BFF's." Connor laughed walking past me.