Chapter Twenty-Three

Cecilia's POV:

After a few rum and cokes later I was feeling a little tipsy and a little giggly.

Cindy was still trying to flirt with Max but I was just laughing at all of her failed attempts.

I looked at the time and I had to get home, I still had to get up and work tomorrow.

"Mr. Andrews I just have to say you have been playing amazing. You are so talented." Cindy gushed as Max handed over money.

"I actually haven't been playing well at all and a couple of games I have been benched. Good effort." He smiled patting her shoulder. She stood holding her little folder and I laughed as Max placed an arm around my waist and guided me out the door. Once we got out I began laughing like mad.

"What?" He asked.

"That was so funny, did you see her face?" I laughed as he opened his car door for me. He got in on the other side and smiled as he started the car.

"I know it's rude but sometimes they just don't give up. I mean clearly I am there on a date, why are you being like that?" He asked and I shrugged.

"She's jealous and wants to prove that she is cool." I said simply. The drive back to my house was filled with me singing again and Max laughing at me and briefly singing with me. Anne's house was small and a bit bigger than our one in Anchorage.

Max had gotten out and opened my door and reached into the backseat to grab my things.

"You don't have to do that." I assured and he waved me off.

"Nonsense." He said and he walked me up to my door. I unlocked it and we walked in quietly. I dropped my keys onto the table and I took my things from Max and set them down and we walked back outside because Max and Anne were sleeping.

We stepped outside and Max stood just at the steps of the porch. He hesitated and turned.

"Cecilia?" He asked softly.

"Yes?" I asked worriedly.

"Can you bring Caleb tomorrow? I would like to see him." He said nervously. He turned and scratched the back of his neck and looked down at the wood of my porch.

"Of course I can. Did you...want to take him out for the day?" I asked and his head snapped up and his eyes widened.

"R-really? Are you sure?" He asked surprised.

"Sure, I mean if you're not busy. I will be working and Anne could use a day off. Caleb is a good kid, he loves walking around the mall and you guys could go out for lunch." I suggested and a smile grew on his face. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to my forehead.

"You're the best! I will see you tomorrow." He said excitedly and I smiled and laughed as he went to his car.

"Goodnight!" I called.

"Night babe!" He said getting into his car. I grinned at his nickname and proceeded back inside. 

I sighed happily while taking off my heels and I made my way to Caleb's room. He was sleeping soundly and I leaned over and lightly kissed his forehead and fixed his ruffled blanket. I smiled and left his room and went into mine.