Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:

Cecilia's POV

"Alright, I will see you tomorrow Cece." Stella smiled as I moved to the front seat. I got in and buckled up and fixed my hat, I wish I could cover my whole face.

It was quiet save for the song playing on the radio. I began singing along in my head...So baby pull me closer in the backseat of you- Cecilia stop.

As we came to a red light Max sighed and turned off the radio. I glanced at him and he had a pained look on his face and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Listen Ce, about last night..." He began and I literally cringed at his words. This is where he tells me I was a drunk night fuck and I had no business in his life. I don't know if the thought of him rejecting me hurt more or the fact that I was an easy lay.

"About last night I am really sorry and I promise it will never...ever happen again." He assured. I glanced at him and he was staring at me. I quickly looked back and took a deep breath.

"It's whatever." I whispered.

"It's not whatever, this is serious Cecilia. I cheated on my wife last night with a high school senior!" He said gripping the steering wheel.

"I'm not a small child Maxwell!" I growled folding my arms across my chest.

"You're a teenager, I am an adult!" He said.

"I am a young adult!" I yelled.

"Cecilia it doesn't matter! I cheated on my wife last night and this can never happen ever again no matter our feelings." He said.

"Maxwell your wife is never home. Maybe look more into her life and see why she is at work so much." I snapped and he stayed quiet for a moment.

He pulled up in front of my large house and I grimaced at the metal gate.

"Ce maybe it's best if we stay away from each other for a bit." He whispered. I turned to him with my mouth hanging open.

"One: Don't call me 'Ce' ever again. Two: Don't worry, I can't deal with stuck-up little soccer players who rather have a woman twice their age, who has two kids. Good job Maxwell and good luck with your shitty life." I said getting out.

"Oh and B-T-W, I bet I was the best fuck in a long time for you. Have fun with someone who has a vagina like sandpaper- I remember what you said. Nice loose sandpaper." I smirked evilly while slamming his door shut.

"She's only ten years older than me!" He called and I turned holding up the middle finger.

"Fuck you!" I called turning to the gate and punching in the key code.

My parents were insanely rich and travelled often for their jobs. My adoptive mother wanted me in the modelling business and to stop playing lacrosse but I turned her down every single time.

I stormed up the steps and knocked on the door. Our house keeper opened and smiled.

"Miss Cecilia." She said opening the door. She closed it behind me and took my jacket from me to hang it up.

"How was the game, love?" She asked. Our house keeper's name was Anne and she was really sweet. She was more of a mom to me than my adoptive mother.

"It was alright, Anne." I said softly and she peered at me as I took off my hat.

"Why are you so down, love?" She asked and I sighed rubbing my tired eyes.

"Boys." I answered.

"Oh my love boys come and go. Come I will make you some warm tea and you can watch some tv." She said putting an arm around my shoulders.

"Thanks Anne."

"Your mother should be here helping you. Remember I will always be here for you, love." She said kissing my temple as she pulled out a chair for me. I smiled at her as she went to the kitchen.