Chapter Thirty-Two

^^ Stella's wedding dress

Cecilia:

"Caleb Maxwell you are not wearing a hat to aunt Stella's wedding!" I ordered. I put my hands on my hips and watched the little monster run around with his grey hat in his hands.

I had on a gold two piece dress and my hair was braided back into a large braid. Stella was having a small ceremony with her family and our close friends. After getting ready with Stella I drove back to our place to grab Max and Caleb.

I was Stella's maid of honour so I had to be there on time and Caleb was giving me a hard time.

Max stepped down the stairs wearing a dark grey suit. He adjusted his black tie and ran a hand through his hair.

I watched intently because he looked so good.

As he stepped down Caleb stumbled in front of him. Max folded his arms and stared down at Caleb.

"Enough." Max said sternly and Caleb looked down before walking over and handing me his hat. I smiled triumphantly and put his hat away.

I fixed his curls that we had trimmed because they were getting too wild for my liking.

"We have to go, or I am going to be late." I said looking at my phone. Max nodded and grabbed his keys and we made our way outside.

I buckled Caleb into his seat and got in the front next to Max. As we drove Caleb was busy playing games on Max's phone and I stared out the window and took a deep breath.

Someone gripped my hand and I looked at Max and smiled.

"You look beautiful, doll." He said.

"Thanks." I said softly.

"Are you alright?" He asked concerned.

"Katherine is going to be there. You know that right?" I said and he looked back to the road and his grip tightened on my hand.

"I know. Are you scared? Nervous?" He asked.

"How do you think she is going to react if she sees me there with you and this little monster?" He chuckled and shook his head.

"Don't be nervous about what she thinks. She's married to doctor asshole now." He said and his jaw tensed.

"Just make sure you don't fight anyone." I teased.

-------

Here I stood next to Stella as she recited her vows. Stiles stood next to Jackson followed by Stephen. Next to me was Kennedy. She played lacrosse with Stella and I for a while.

The ceremony was outside and the small crowd didn't make me nervous. The part that made me nervous was the fact that Katherine was staring at me the whole time. It wasn't a look of hatred or anything but rather she was curious.

Her gaze would often flick to Caleb who sat contently on Max's lap.

I guess I had zoned out be cause when I turned back Stella had tears rolling down her face.

"Stells you're going to ruin your makeup!" I whispered.

"I know, I'm sorry!" She said back.

"You look gorgeous." Jackson assured and a blush rose on Stella's cheeks.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, Jackson you may kiss your bride." He smiled. Their lips met and everyone began clapping. I was holding Stella's bouquet along with my own so I just smiled happily.

During the cocktail hour I stood by myself sipping on a very alcoholic beverage. Max was talking to some men that I didn't know and Caleb was playing with a few small toys he had brought.

"Cecilia." Someone said.