Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve:

Cecilia's POV:

"Anne, this tastes so gross." I whined. It turns out that Anne had a lot of money in a will that her parents left her, Anne was an only child and her husband died before I was born, she was unable to conceive children. Anyways, she had money that was given to her for the death of her husband and she was paid by my parents while receiving a free place to stay.

So we bought a small house near the water and Anne found a job in a local cafe while I attempted to finish school online.

I was sitting at the island in the kitchen and Anne had made me a vegetable drink. I didn't like veggies and Anne made sure I received everything I needed.

"Love, you need your vegetables as does the baby. Please drink it." She asked and I groaned and plugged my nose and drank the drink. I gagged slightly but nonetheless I finished it. Anne nodded pleased and she cleaned the dish in the sink.

"Anne, do you think I am doing the right thing?" I asked and she turned while wiping down the counter. Anne had the day off because she wanted to bring me to a doctor.

"What do you mean, love?" She asked.

"I'm eighteen years old, I got pregnant by a married man- well a now single twenty-five year old. I dropped out of high school, left my birth parents who gave me everything and now I am living in Alaska, trying to find my real parents while ignoring the calls of my best friend and Max." I said and she smiled.

"Cecilia, you have don nothing but made me proud in all of your years. Yes I wish you would have been older to have your first baby but honey, you were never truly happy. You aren't a rich, beauty queen- as much as Tania wanted you to be." Tania was the name of my adoptive mother.

"You're a sweet girl who is just trying to figure yourself out. Max is an idiot for saying what he said to you. He doesn't know what he is missing. Look, I love Stella and Stephen to death but look at their mother who left Max. Max was head over heels for that girl and she broke him. I am so proud of everything you done and I will never be disappointed in you." She said laying her hand on top of mine and I smiled.

"I'm going to go work-out for a bit." I said and she nodded. I got up and made my way to the spare room. I placed a yoga mat inside along with some small exercise equipment. One can't be doing dead lifts or high weighted squats while pregnant.

I played some music and began doing various stretches and body weighted exercises in order to let my mind wander from all the annoying thoughts clouding it.

Max's POV:

"Dude..." Jack began.

"What the fuck?" He asked and I groaned slapping a hand over my eyes. We had just finished practicing and we sat in the stands. Jack was a good friend of mine and he was the same age as me. He married a girl he was in love with two years ago. He didn't have the balls to tell the smart girl in high school that he loved her and once he did they began dating.

"Man how the fuck could I get an eighteen year old pregnant?" I asked.

"Max, it's not about the fact that you got her pregnant it's what you told her you dumbass." He said and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Alright so you marry Katherine when you were eighteen-nineteen. She flashed her fake tits at you and you fell in love, she was older and rocked your world. She goes to work, meets a surgeon the same age as herself and she falls in love with him because he saves people on the operating table and all you do is kick a ball." He said and I rolled my eyes and mumbled a thanks.

"Anyways, what's this chicks name?" He asked.

"Cecilia." I answered.

"That's a cute name- anyways, she stumbles in with your step-daughter and she's cute. She had the long brown hair, hazel eyes...no crows feet." He laughed referring to Katherine. He always commented on our age difference.

"So she walks in and you're drunk and you suspect Katherine is cheating on you, Cecilia is there wearing thigh-highs and a baggy shirt and you lose your shit. You say fucking her is better than Katherine and it's the best sex you ever had even though you and her were wasted." He continued and I nodded not really sure where he was going with this.

"This girls' friend says that she was in love with you, you end up impregnating her with your first kid and you tell her to stay away from you? Dude..." He said.

"I cheated on Katherine!" I exclaimed.

"While she had been cheating on you six months prior. Fucking Dr. Dumbass on his operating table." He said.

"So what do I do? Hell Katherine's real kids don't even want to go with her. They hate her guts. Hell I am paying for their sports and most likely Stella's university tuition next year." I said.

"So what do you do? Buddy you got two kids who look at you as a father figure and you got a girl you're in love with in Alaska with your real kid. You don't understand what it's like to have a little person who has your eyes and your hair. It's the greatest feeling in the world. Don't fuck it up." He warned getting up.

"So what do I do?" I asked.

"Use your brain, bud."