Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine:

Max's POV:

"Fuck." I yawned while running a hand through my hair. I poured the fresh coffee and turned as Stella came in through the hallway.

"Cece you have been doing so many training camps! You haven't been over in two weeks." She said into the phone. She sighed heavily.

"Okay, I will see you tomorrow at school. Love ya." She sad before hanging up. She sighed and slumped down into the chair. She glanced at me and I slid over a cup of coffee and some sugar and milk for her. I sat down across from her and opened the paper left on the table.

"What's wrong with Cecilia?" I asked.

"I don't know, she has been off for the past few weeks. All she has been doing is signing up for local lacrosse camps and hitting the gym. Don't get me wrong she toned up in the past two weeks which is crazy and hell she has gotten faster and stronger. But it's weird, she is always over." She sighed sadly and I nodded.

"Maybe she just needs a little space." I shrugged. It was silent for a few minutes and I felt her gaze on me.

"Maxwell..." She began and I glanced up at her.

"What?" I asked.

"You and Cece alright?" She asked and I scoffed and laughed.

"Why wouldn't we be?" I asked confused.

"I don't know. Sorry...it just sucks. Like I miss my best friend. It feels like I have barely seen her." She sighed.

"What about Jackson?" I asked.

"We are going skating tonight." She smiled and I nodded.

"By the way...mom told me to give this to you." She frowned while tossing me a pale pink envelope.

She got up and walked away and I looked at the envelope that had my name written on it. I carefully opened it and pulled out the folded letter and began reading it.

'Dear Max, you are so talented and you are such a handsome young man. However, I cannot be with you. I fell in love with your youth and how good you were with my children. Hell I think my kids love you more than me. I have fallen in love...he is a surgeon. We have been working closely over the past six months which is why I have been so distant. I love you so much and one day you will find a young girl who is perfect for you. Stella and Stephen are eighteen now and the house is in your name. If you do not wish to care for them please send them my way. If it is okay with you I would prefer to have you keep them and to let them finish out their schooling in your house. Stephen idolizes you for soccer and Stella is so happy around you, I will come by while you are out to gather my clothes and such. As I said before, you are a great man Maxwell Andrews and I love you and I'm sorry...Yours truly, Katherine McKenneth.'

As I finished reading the letter I stood up and gripped my coffee cup and whipped it across the room and shattered it against the wall. Coffee rolled down the wall and Stephen and Stella entered the room frantically.

"Dad what's wrong?" Stella asked concerned. I marched past her and they followed me upstairs. I went into my bedroom and began tearing out all of her clothing from the closet.

"Dad what are you doing?" Stella asked again. I moved to her drawers and emptied them as well. Her makeup and toiletries were already all gone. I breathed heavily and grabbed a sweater from my closet and pulled it on.

"We are going to do some shopping. We need a bit of new interior. You guys in?" I asked and Stella glanced at Stephen.

"Dad what is going on?" She whispered and I glanced at my feet.

"Do you mind if we discuss it later, princess?" I asked. She gulped and nodded and I smiled.

"Good, let's go shopping before you go out for your date." I smiled.