Chapter Thirty-Five

Cecilia:

"Hey mom." Stephen grinned while swinging an arm around my shoulder. I had just gotten Caleb into his seat and I was attempting to get Stephen into the car.

"I'm not your mom, Steph." I said getting him in. Max was in the front seat fiddling with the stereo. I got in and swatted his hand away.

"That's not nice." He noted.

"Your son is sleeping, if you wake him up...I'll kill you." I warned and his eyes widened.

"You're scary." He said and I just rolled my eyes and focused on backing out.

"Hey mom, you were always hot." Stephen said giggling like crazy. Max turned around and smacked his knee.

"Stephen I am not your mom. Max isn't your real dad." I explained.

"Yea but I will still call you mom, because you know my family is fucked." He said honestly and I glanced back in the mirror to see him staring out the window.

"My dad left Stells and I and then my mom left. It sucks man." He said honestly.

"Hey, I love you man. You're a cool son." Max said holding his fist back and Stephen smirked and hit it eagerly.

"I love you too, man." He smiled.

------

"Fuck..." Stephen yawned while walking downstairs.

I had just gotten home with Caleb; he had hockey training this morning. Caleb came in with his stick and ran through knocking his stick on the couch in the process.

"Caleb please be careful." I said while placing his bag on the floor. I walked into the kitchen where Max sat looking at the sports section in the paper and where Stephen sat with his head on his arms.

I walked over and grabbed his face and kissed his cheek before going to the fridge.

"Ovi!" Caleb laughed while chasing him around with his hockey stick. Before I could say anything Max grabbed him and sat him on his lap.

"How was hockey? Did you skate hard?" He asked.

"Yes." Was all he said as he reached for Max's phone. Max had games on it that Caleb always played.

"He did very well, he tried playing goalie too." I said. All he did was stand in the net and stop the small shots from going in.

"Are you going to be ok to get on your flight today?" I asked Stephen while sitting down with a bowl of chips and a glass of lemonade. Oh yea I was definitely pregnant. I wanted pizza all the time, like more than usual. I just had to do a test to prove it. I swear if I am pregnant ya girl is getting on that birth control because clearly Max's pullout game is weak.

"Yea. I just need two Advil." He shrugged getting up.

I met Max's eyes and he looked at my bowl of chips. Considering my life at the gym I usually had one cheat day and it was Saturday where I would eat food that wasn't necessarily good for you.

"What's up?" He asked and I glanced down at the chips and shrugged.

"I just felt like some chips." I said softly. He said nothing which was nice.

After chatting with them for a while I went upstairs and dug under the cabinet and pulled out the unopened pregnancy tests and snatched one out of its confinements.

I sat on the toilet and waited for the test to register and I looked at it.

"Well..." I whispered. As I studied the test there was a knock on the bathroom door.

"Ce? Are you okay?" Max's voice asked. I put the cap on the stick and held it behind my back as I opened the door.

"Hey...honey." I smiled and he raised an eyebrow at me. He had no shirt on as per the usual and he folded his arms over his chest. I could still faintly see the tattoo on his ribs which he showed me later was Caleb's name and his birth date.

"What's up?" He asked and I slowly revealed the stick behind my back.

"Surprise." I smiled.

"Is that...?" He asked.

"Your pullout game is shit? Yes." I said and he carefully took the stick from my hand.

"Y-you're pregnant?" He asked and I nodded slowly.

Suddenly he dropped the stick and wrapped his arms around my waist and crushed me to his chest.

"You're pregnant!" He said happily.

"Well I was not expecting that." I admitted.

"Shit sorry!" He said placing me down and resting his hand protectively on my stomach.

"It's okay. So...what are we going to do?" I asked.

"What are we going to do!? You're giving me another child! God I love you." He said hugging my again and kissing my hair repeatedly.

"I love you too." I whispered hugging him back.