special chapter ☆ christmas

"namjoon!"

"ne, jagi?"

"kitchen!"

"what do you want me t-yah! why did you hit me?" namjoon said as he caressed the part of his head where jin hit him. the older glared at him while mixing the cake batter.

"how many times do i have to tell you not to call me that, yah?!" he said and turned his back to the younger and continued what he was doing.

namjoon smirked and slipped his hands around jin's waist, hugging him from behind. "aigoo, dont be mad. it's christmas~"

jin sighed and let himself rest against namjoon's chest. "araso. all these christmas preps are making me stressed out and all..."

"tell you what, do you want me to help you out? so you wouldnt have to do everything on your own?" namjoon said with a smile.

jin thought for a bit, contemplating on whether to risk his kitchen getting burnt to crisp or have himself do everything but keep his kitchen safe and tiptop. he pursed his lips and nodded.

"okay, okay. but stick to mixing, araso?"

namjoon's lips broke into a smile. "ne. as long as i do anything to help you out."

"oh, but before i give you the batter, can you please wake up jungkook? that kid's still snoring while we work our asses off since early in the morning." jin said as he washed the big spoon. namjoon took it from jin and just shook his head.

"let kookie be. besides, college has taken its toll on him so much, he deserves to rest."

jin sighed and nodded. "but still wake him up, i dont want him developing bad sleeping habits, he's still too young."

"okay then."

namjoon went up to jungkook's room, and just as what jin said, he's still snoring even though it's almost noon already. his sock-clad feet propped up on the bedrest, his limbs wildly spread out, his head hanging off to the side, and his mouth slightly open, small snores coming out of it. namjoon pursed his lips, preventing any laugh to slip out, and fished out his phone to capture the amazing sight.

"i could bribe hyung into buying me new headphones for this." he said with a grin before he hid his phone in his pocket and nudged the sleeping boy.

"rise and shine, jungkook. it's christmas..."

the boy's lashes fluttered open, and a smile broke out into his lips.

christmas.

there's something about christmas that makes jungkook happy and excited, like he's a kid all over again. maybe it's because of the thick snow on the pavements, or the snowflakes raining down on him, or the christmas carols on the radio that soothes his ears, or the endless christmas specials that he watches in the television, or receiving messages from people he hadn't talked to for the rest of the year until now, or maybe the pumpkin spiced lattes and cupcakes from starbucks, the list could go on.

christmas really is the best holiday ever.

namjoon went down after successfully waking jungkook up and helped jin in the kitchen, while the young boy happily skipped to his own bathroom and took a bath. taehyung got him a vanilla bath during their university's christmas party, and today will be the first time jungkook will use it.

after filling the tub with lukewarm water, he opened the bath and poured four tablespoons of it into the water, making it bubble and smell like vanilla. jungkook cant help but grin as he hopped in his bath.

he took a bath longer than he had assumed (an hour and ten minutes), and by the time he had gone down after putting on his christmas sweater, jin and namjoon had already set the table up for lunch.

"who's coming over later for dinner, by the way? so i would know how much to prepare..." jin trailed off as he sipped on his tea.

jungkook counted using his fingers and looked up at the ceiling. "well, we have tae, hoseok-hyung, yugyeom-hyung and two of his friends, and yoongi-hyung..."

jin nodded. "i invited ken, too. how about you, joonie?"

"just jongin and jaejoong." namjoon said.

"so far, we have nine guests. but to make sure, maybe i'll make food for twelve, i guess?" jin asked the two, who both just nodded.

"i can help, hyung!" jungkook said, his arm raised up. namjoon raised a brow at him and put his hand down.

"yah, you're not in class to raise your hand like that. besides, helping jag-i mean, jin, out is my responsibility. you just go and play or whatever." namjoon said, his cheeks tinted light pink because of the slip-up.

"okay... but tell me if you need help." jungkook said with a smile before finishing his food.

it's been two months since that day when he met yoongi in the park, and when the pale boy had volunteered to take jungkook home, let's just say that it didnt go well. first reason is that jin had called up the police for a search mission when he found out that jungkook isnt home yet. second is that his parent hyungs have gone to the university to ask help in finding him too, and so news about him missing was posted in their university's online website. third, flyers of "missing person: jeon jungkook" were posted up in police stations, posts, bulletin boards, and even news stations all over their city. imagine jungkook's shock when he saw his own face flashed in the tv inside the bus they're riding on their way home. that moment, he wanted the ground to swallow him up then and there because of embarrassment.

when they got to his house, police cars littered in front of the lot, and their neighbors are all outside their houses, looking at the ruckus. jungkook and yoongi got in the house and saw jin crying as he gave a statement to the police interviewing him, with namjoon behind him, patting his back.

to say that that day was chaotic is the understatement of the year.

but since that day, yoongi and jungkook kept in touch. although yoongi lives a bit far from jungkook and goes to a different university, distance didnt hinder in between them.

two months and counting, it's definitely worth something. but even though both the boys know how they feel for each other, there's no specific label for what they are, yet. and both dont mind, especially jungkook. because as long as yoongi's there, he's okay with it.

and that's all that matters.

×××

soooo i know this is kinda late but, a special chap for christmas ♡ i'll post the second part tomorrow

merry christmas to y'all, and thank you for everything ♡ this story has changed my life so much, it was like the turning point of my life both as a fan and a writer ♡ im so grateful that people appreciate this shit that ive worked hard on, and it makes my heart feel warm and all and just, thank you so so much :') ♡

i hope you'll spend the rest of your holidays with your family and loved ones ♡ take some time off and rest, and do the things you love, especially if it makes you happy ♡

i love you all and merry christmas (or happy holidays for the non-catholics) ♡

with all my heart,

-nikki