Chapter 2

8 Years later
"Babe, I'm gonna be late. Stop mucking around." I'm starting my new job today as a manager at Cross Industry, apparently it's a massive company and are in need of a manager. So I applied, England is good for me being here for 8 years made me realise I was a ticking time bomb back home.  "Tyne your phone is ringing." It's half 6 who would be calling at this time? I walked into the living room and grabbed my phone. I recognised the number straight away. "Mom what do you want?" I'm 27 now and she's only just decided to track my number, eight years I went without them. "Baby, I'm sorry to call you at a time like this. I know you want nothing to do with us but it's your father." All the blood left my body, I hated my family for what they did to me but they were my family. "He's been involved in a car accident, he's in a coma. It's time for you to come home."

How is it possible for someone to ruin your life after six years of having the best time you could've asked for. "I will come in a week, sorry mom that's all I can do." I looked over at my boyfriend sitting on my couch with sympathy in his eyes. "Tyne, my father won't mind. I'll come with you." Oh yeah the company is my boyfriends fathers. I didn't know that until the other day he didn't want to tell me and he let me earn it myself. "Beau I can't do this." And for the first time in six years I cried over my family.

"I'll book us a flight tomorrow. I'll tell my dad, this is important, he loves you and he'll understand." My day was going so well, Beau's usual routine of teasing me in the bathroom, putting me on his shoulders while I'm doing my makeup. It's been like this for the past four years and I couldn't ask for anything better. I love him, we met at university as I finished my studies here and changed them to business that's how I got the job at his fathers company. "Can you ring him for me please." He nodded and walked into the bathroom. Why now, why after all this time do I have to go home now. Beau knows nothing about me and I have no choice but to tell him.

"Beau, I need to speak to you!" This was it, the make or break of my relationship.