Chapter Three

Spencer came in the morning to pick Brendon up the next day. Brendon heard a car honk outside and got a text on his phone. Spencer was so impatient.

Spencer: I'm ready to goooooo

Brendon laughed and opened the door to his house, walking out and locking it. Brendon still didn't have his license even though he was 17. Well, technically he had a permit, but he still needed to wait 5 months before he could get a probationary license. Brendon got into Spencer's car. "Hey Spence!" He smiled, pulling his seatbelt on.

"Hey Bren," Spencer began, "can you tell me why my mom got a phone call last night from your mom apologizing for you staying so late Monday night?" Brendon laughed and dropped his face into his hands.

"Oh my god, she called your mom?" Spencer nodded his head, "Care to tell me why?"

"My mom found out somehow I was gone Monday night when I went to Ryan's house so I lied and told her I stayed at yours," Brendon explained, "what did your mom say? Oh my god, if my mom finds out I was lying-" Spencer cut him off, laughing himself.

"You goddamn whore!" Spencer laughed, "and no, luckily my mom wasn't home when she called. I picked up and went with it because I knew you did something. Looks like I was right." Brendon groaned and leaned his head back into the seat as Spencer just chuckled at him and drove them to school.

------------------------------

Brendon was in his math class again and it wasn't long before Dallon started bothering him again. It was before the bell rang so everybody was casually talking together.

"Wanna tell me about this RyRo guy?" Dallon smugly spoke. Brendon rolled his eyes and turned away from the tall boy. Dallon wasn't having any of it.

"Aw, so you're shy?" Dallon laughed, sitting down in the seat behind him. Great.

"Can you please just leave me alone?" Brendon sighed, trying to focus on his phone and block out Dallon. It didn't work. Dallon placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed.

"This is going to be a fun year." Dallon spoke in Brendon's ears, finally backing away as the bell rang and their teacher began speaking.

He was trying not to let Dallon get to him. He was trying to just ignore him but he just got under his skin. Some new kid who for some reason wanted to make his life miserable knew Brendon liked Ryan and wouldn't leave him alone. This was not going to be a fun year.

This kid was the fucking worst.

------------------------------

Brendon was sitting in lunch talking to his friends as usual. Lunch has been fairly normal even after the incident on Monday, and Ryan has just walked by his table everyday, occasionally giving Brendon a wink as he walked by. Ryan just had some kind of effect on him.

As I said, lunch had been fairly normal. That was, until Ryan decided to sit with them. Brendon was staring at Ryan almost subconsciously and noticed Ryan walking towards his table.

"This seat taken?" Ryan asked, plopping down next to Brendon. Brendon looked up and smiled widely.

"Yeah uh- wait no I mean," Brendon stuttered, "you can sit here." Ryan laughed as he put his lunch tray down and began eating.