Chapter Four

Brendon honestly thanked God when he saw Dallon was absent from school today. That meant today would be relatively painless. That Dallon kid was really getting on his nerves the past few days.

It's like he was obsessed with him or something. Why couldn't he just leave Brendon alone? Yes, he had a crush on a boy and was doodling his name, okay? He really just wanted Dallon to get the hell over it.

Brendon walked to the lunch room after taking a little while longer and saw Ryan already sitting at his table. His heart fluttered a bit in his chest as Ryan looked to see him, smiling and waving him over. What a dork, Brendon smiled to himself, soon sitting down next to Ryan.

"Hey," Ryan greeted him with smiling eyes. "Hi," Brendon blushed, "so are you gonna be sitting here for now on?"

"Yes, I hope that's okay with you," Ryan smiled, raising an eyebrow towards Brendon. Brendon nodded his head quickly as to say 'yes'.

"Hey Brendon, by the way, I'm coming over after school today," Spencer informed Brendon. "Why?" Brendon questioned him. Spencer gave him a look saying 'you-know-why' and then Brendon remembered their previous conversation about Ryan. Brendon nodded his head and mouthed 'oh'. He didn't know what Spencer had planned, and was honestly ready for the hurricane Spencer was about to stir up.

Ryan and Brendon talked and flirted the rest of lunch, and to anyone not aware of their current situation it would honestly look like they were a couple. Brendon wished that was their reality.

The bell soon rang and Brendon and Ryan both got up, now forced to part ways. "I'll see you later." Ryan winked at Brendon. "Bye." Brendon giggled, walking towards his next class.

He liked this new lunch situation.

------------------------------

Brendon's last class for the day was History, and it also happened to be one of Brendon's favorites. That is, of course, because Ryan was in it. Normally they just did notes for the majority of the class period and it was fairly boring. Brendon was fine with that, however; he honestly just wanted any excuse possible to be in the same room as Ryan. It sucked that Ryan sat on the other side of the room, though.

The first half of the class consisted of Brendon's teacher's lectures and copying down notes. Brendon just couldn't wait to go home. The teacher soon began to hand out packets and you realized this was going to be a partner activity. "Okay class, get with one other person in the class and try to complete the packet by the end of this period," Ms. Williams explained as students moved around the classroom to find partners.

"Hey, do you wanna work together?" A voice asked Brendon. Brendon looked up to see Ryan standing there in front of him.

"Yeah sure." Brendon smiled as Ryan sat down in the seat next to him. They pushed the desks together and began working on the packet. A few minutes into their time working together Ryan placed a hand down on Brendon's knee, slowly sliding it up his thigh.

"Will I see you tonight?" Ryan asked, squeezing Brendon's thigh alarmingly close to his crotch. Brendon wanted more than everything in the world to tell him 'yes', but remembered Spencer was going to come over. And god knows how long Spencer would take explaining his scheme on how to get with Ryan. It was funny; Brendon couldn't hang out with Ryan because he was too busy trying to be with Ryan.

"I can't," Brendon sighed, rubbing the hand on his thigh with his own, "Spencer's coming over, remember? I keep blowing him off and I feel bad." Brendon wouldn't say he lied, maybe just exaggerated the truth. He felt Ryan's hand lift of his thigh and his heart sunk.

"Oh," Ryan nodded his head, disappointed. They didn't talk for a minute or so before Brendon decided to break the silence.

"Tomorrow I'm free though," Brendon added on with a smirk, "only for you." Ryan smiled and nodded his head in confirmation as the final bell rang.

"Can't wait until tomorrow." Ryan grinned, brushing past Brendon as he walked out the door.

------------------------------

"So," Brendon began, plopping down on his bed, "what's this big 'plan' you have?" Spencer stood in front of him and pulled a notebook out of his backpack.

"I made a list during study hall," Spencer explained flipping through the pages of the notebook to find the sheet of people he wrote on. "Aha! Here it is." He announced when he found the page.

Brendon's eyes scanned the page. It was a list and a well organized one at that. "What's on the list?" Brendon asked. Spencer sat down next to Brendon, paper in hand. "It's a list of things that you're gonna do to get Ryan to ask you out." Spencer stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

The list had several things scribbled onto it:

HOW TO MAKE RYDEN REAL:
Purpose: To get Ryan to finally admit his goddamn feelings for Brendon so Brendon can stop whining 24/7 but most importantly so my best friend can be happy.

What was this, a goddamn science lab? Brendon kept on reading.

Ideas:

1. Trick Ryan into taking Brendon on a date.
2. Do more couple things without him noticing??
3. Make Ryan JEALOUS
4. Hangout with him and try not to fuck (idk if Brendon can keep it in his pants though)
5. Get Ryan to fiNaLLy cOMe OuT
6. Hold a forced wedding ceremony?? I'm running out of ideas
7. WHY WON'T RYAN JUST ADMIT HIS FEELINGS

Brendon finished reading the last item and laughed hysterically. "Jesus, Spence," he continued to laugh, handing him back the list. "What?" Spencer stood up offended, "it's a good list!"

"You know my name ends in o-n Spencer, not e-n, right? R-y-d-e-n doesn't even work." Brendon laughed more. "Whatever! It's the ideas that matters." Spencer insisted.

"Honestly, Spence, I do think there's a few  doable items on this list," Brendon stated, "what do you mean by 'trick him into taking me on a date?'" Spencer took a deep breath before giving an explanation.

"Alright well basically the next time Ryan picks you up to bang," Spencer began his explanation, causing Brendon to roll his eyes and drop his head into his hands in embarrassment. "Hey, don't give me that shit! That's literally what you do." Spencer scowled Brendon. "Fair enough, go on," Brendon sighed, rubbing his temples.

"Tell him your hungry or something. Or that you've never been somewhere and you want to as you're passing it? I don't know, you'll think of something," Spencer explained, "get him to take you out on a date somehow and not realize it. Because, if he does realize, he'll probably freak out and just take you home. Ryan's the most closeted gay I've ever met." Brendon chuckled at Spencer's comment. It was so true it hurt.

"I wish he would just come out..." Brendon sulked, Spencer resting a comforting hand on his back. "I know Bren, but you just know that isn't going to happen without some encouragement," Spencer began, "after all, lying is the most fun a Ryan can have without taking off his clothes." Brendon laughed at his comment and thought for a moment.

"Alright, I'll do it," Brendon confirmed to Spencer's suprise. Spencer smiled widely, coming to his friend's side and abruptly hugging him. "We're going to make that boy yours before you know it." Spencer assured his best friend.

Brendon sure hoped so.

------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed that chapter!
Spencer is literally me in this story like that list was a fangirl creation
Also there will be smut next chapter ;)