Chapter Sixteen

It was six in the morning the next Tuesday, and Brendon was a wreck.

He barely slept at all last night. He was thinking of the whole situation of Dallon and was terrified. So here he was, crying quietly and curled up in a ball in his bed.

Brendon just wanted to talk to Ryan about this and get help from him, but he knew that he obviously could not do that. So, he decided to call the person he could always count on to help him feel okay.

Brendon opened his phone app and weakly clicked on the call button on his contact. After a few rings, there was an answer.

"Hello?" The voice groggily spoke.

"Spencer," Brendon stated through tears, "please, Spenc, can you- can you come over? Please." He sniffled some more, trying to wipe his face. God, he felt like such a wimp, but he was scared and sad and needed his best friend right now.

"I'm coming right now." Spencer hung up, practically running to his car and speeding down the street.

Brendon curled up into his bed, shaking softly. He just laid there until Spencer came running through his bedroom door, shocked to see Brendon like this.

"Brendon!"

Brendon sat up slowly, using some more tissues to clean his face up. Spencer waited until Brendon calmed down enough to talk to him. "Brendon, what's going on?" Spencer worriedly asked.

"It's- I'm being blackmailed." He sighed. "Blackmailed?" Spencer questioned, "By who? With what?"

"I haven't ever told you about Dallon Weekes, have I?"

Spencer shook his head. "No, you haven't. I just remember him as the guy Pete jumped for no reason." Brendon laughed sadly, finding it almost amusing how nobody knew why Pete literally tackled him.

"It wasn't for no reason, Spenc."

"Did it have to do with you?" Spencer finally realized. Brendon nodded, still not really making eye contact with Spencer. He felt embarrassed. Weak. That's how Dallon made him feel.

"Why? What is this asshole doing to you?"

Brendon took a deep breath in. He was finally going to let it all out and tell someone what this guy has been doing to him since he came to this school.

"He's been harassing me since he came to this fucking school," Brendon began, "he has some crush on me or something, I don't know. But he's been touching me and calling me 'baby' and shit like that. And I don't like it."

"Brendon! You have to tell the school he's sexually harassing you!"

Brendon shook his head and let out a sad chuckle. "I'm getting to that, Spencer."

"I thought it would go away. I thought he'd leave me alone if I ignored it. But he didn't," Brendon continued, "and now I can't tell anyone anything he's done because he knows about me and Ryan. He fuckig recorded audio of us having sex. Fucking pervert." Brendon tried to sound tuff, but he was beyond terrified.

"So he blackmailed you so he could keep harassing you?" Spencer asked, his anger growing exponentially. Nobody could do this to his best friend. Nobody.