Chapter Eighteen

Today was the day before Jon's big party, and Brendon knew he'd be forced to go to it by Spencer. He loved hanging out with his friends, but big parties with random people made him a bit nervous. It was lunch now, and he knew Jon would bring up the topic of his party probably the whole time.

"Hey guys," Jon greeted everyone, sitting down, "everyone's still going to my party tomorrow, right?" Everyone around them nodded their heads and Brendon hesitated, but Spencer shot him a look like 'fucking-come-or-I'll-kill-you' and Brendon nodded his head quickly. He did promise Spencer he would go. It gave Spencer another chance to give Jon head, it seemed.

Ryan gave Brendon a confused look, and Brendon then realized Jon invited everyone before Ryan started sitting at their lunch table. Jon noticed this and continued, "Oh, Ryan, you're invited too." Ryan nodded his head and smiled, "Cool, I'll be there." Everyone got back to their conversations from there.

"Why'd you hesitate?" Ryan asked him. So he noticed.

"Eh, big parties aren't really my thing." He admitted. Ryan placed a hand on his thigh under the table, causing Brendon's whole body to shudder. This seemed to be a very routine way that Ryan got him incredibly horny at school where he couldn't do anything about it. It amused Ryan.

"But I'll be there," Ryan grinned in a low voice. Brendon's body tingled. Even though things were still slightly uneasy in their relationship since yesterday, Ryan was clearly going to just ignore it. Brendon decided it was better if he did, too.

A party didn't seem so bad after all.

------------------------------

Brendon walked into the detention room to see it was just him and Mr. Biersack, which relieved him. "Brendon! Just the man I was looking for," Mr. Biersack greeted him, "you're late. Take a seat, you and me both have to be here for an hour. Why don't you get started on that math homework I assigned?"

Mr. Biersack was probably Brendon's favourite teacher at this school. He actually cared about his students and was good at teaching. And he helped Brendon get away from Dallon in one class, at least.

"Sure thing, Mr. Biersack."

Brendon took out his math folder from his backpack, pulling out the homework assignment and getting started. The homework was relatively short, so Brendon was done in about fifteen minutes. Brendon got restlessly bored due to his ADHD, and he just couldn't take it anymore.

"Mr. Biersack?" Brendon spoke. Mr. Biersack nodded his head, prompting the boy to continue. "Is it true you were in a heavy metal band before becoming a teacher?"

Mr. Biersack chuckled softly, ready to get lost in the nostalgia. "It is," he began, "Black Veil Brides."

Brendon kept looking at Mr. Biersack, and he realized that meant Brendon wanted him to continue. Mr. Biersack smiled, amused, "Would you like to hear some stories from back in the day?" Brendon nodded his head quickly, and the next 45 minutes went by in an instant with tales Brendon would've never expected to hear from a teacher.

------------------------------

Brendon got out of detention finally and went to sit outside on the bench. He was the only one out there. He texted his mom and Spencer, asking both if he could have a ride. He sat there waiting for a response as he heard the door to the school open and close. Footsteps came closer to Brendon, but he didn't bother turning around. The footsteps stopped abruptly, and Brendon felt a presence behind him.