Chapter Ten

Brendon sat in his room, staring at his boring closet at an attempt to find a cool outfit. Ryan was supposed to be there in fifteen goddamn minutes and Brendon could not pick anything. He stood up and searched for maybe the hundredth time that day and miraculously found a nice, slightly cropped grey t-shirt that he could wear with his black skinny jeans.

Brendon heard a car honk outside minutes later and looked out the window to see Ryan Ross's car.

He walked downstairs and out of the house; his mom wasn't home which meant there would be no questioning, so that was good. His mom already knew he was staying over Jon's house with everybody else. Brendon locked the door outside of his house and turned to see Ryan smiling in the car, waiting for him. Brendon bit his lip and blushed, sitting next to Ryan in the front seat of the car as they greeted one another

"So, you excited?" Brendon asked Ryan a few minutes into the car ride.

"Yeah, just a bit nervous I guess."

"Don't worry, you'll have fun! And I'll be there the whole time." Ryan gave a sigh of relief after hearing this. Brendon smirked, "You know, I think it's kinda cute you're a virgin."

Ryan slapped his arm, one hand off the steering wheel, "Screw you!" Brendon giggled even more as Ryan drove to Jon's house.

------------------------------

Brendon and Ryan both arrived at Jon's house, Ryan's hands still shaking anxiously as Brendon gave a firm squeeze before walking up to the house.

"Hey guys!" Pete yelled, waving them over. Everyone was sitting in the backyard as usual, chairs set up in a circle next to a bonfire the party somehow got started.

Brendon smiled and waved and Ryan did the same, the pair being greeted by the others there. "Brendon! Ryan!" Jon smiled, waving them over. "You guys made it! I'm so glad." Well, it was obvious Jon was excited. He probably hadn't smoked for awhile.

The pair of boys sat down next to each other in the chairs, Ryan leaning over to whisper in Brendon's ear, "What's up with Spencer?" Brendon's gaze went to Spencer, basically hanging on Jon's arm.

"Nothing you need to know about." Brendon smiled, watching his friend. Minutes passed before Jon walked back over to Brendon.

"Brendon, he's here." Jon called, handing Brendon a wad of cash. Brendon nodded his head and began to walk off, but Ryan stopped him.

"Who's he?" Ryan asked, confused. "Oh, drug dealer, right." Brendon nodded his head and began to walk off again, but Ryan stopped him again.

"Why does Jon want you to go?"

"Oh, our dealer, William," Brendon explained, "he's like kind of in love with me. Well, he thinks I'm hot - has a soft spot for me. So if I flirt sufficiently, we get a lower price."

"Isn't that kinda fucked up?"

Brendon playfully rolled his eyes. "That's politics, Ry."

Brendon walked over to William Beckett, money in his back pocket so he wouldn't show how much he actually had; it was more than he was willing to pay. William's eyes lit up as he saw Brendon, looking up and down to check out his body. Brendon teasingly blushed, "Hey William!"

"Hey Bren," William breathed out, arms opening up and stealing a hug from Brendon. Brendon complied of course, it was just friendly after all. "How much do you need?"