Chapter Twenty

(A/N)
Hey! Don't hate me, but this is the last chapter. Good news though: there will be a sequel! Not sure when that'll be up, maybe I'll have the first couple chapters done in two weeks or so. I'll post in here to let you know to check that out if you'd like. Thanks for being awesome!

When Brendon got home, he laid down on his bed, relaxing before a party he really did not want to go to. He binge ate basically everything in his pantry, and then began getting ready for Jon's house.

His phone rang just then with that special ringtone Brendon only had for one person. It couldn't be, or so he thought.

"Hello?" Brendon answered the phone shakily. It couldn't be him. Why would he be calling him right now?

"Don't do it," Ryan pleaded into the phone. "Do what?" Brendon scoffed, already knowing the answer. He guessed Dallon already told everyone. Asshole.

Ryan sighed. "Bren, don't sleep with Dallon. Please." Brendon almost laughed into the phone at the hypocrisy. Ryan didn't want anyone to know about Brendon, but then wouldn't even let him sleep with someone else.

"Why shouldn't I? You don't want anyone to know about me, and I can just solve all our problems. Everything can be okay again." Brendon tried to convince even himself, but his shaking hands and tearing eyes spoke otherwise. Good thing Ryan couldn't see them, but that wasn't hard to avoid considering now Ryan wouldn't even look at him anymore.

He remembers the times Ryan would compliment him and blush around him and do other cute things. It seemed like that was forever ago, even though everything was fine just earlier this week. Brendon's time apart from Ryan made him realize how much he loved him and couldn't live without him. It's a funny thing love does to you; it creates a different world. It makes the sky brighter and your troubles fade, and all that matters is that one person. And that one person to Brendon was Ryan Ross, resident straight Christian boy - a title Ryan tries to convince everybody, including himself.

The line was silent for a few seconds before Brendon heard a shaky breath from Ryan. That boy was hurting for sure.

"I'm- I'm just not worth it, Brendon," Ryan sighed, "I'm not worth this. You'll be better without me."

Brendon tilted his head to the side, almost confused. Ryan Ross was his entire world. Brendon couldn't understand because he would do anything for Ryan.

"Ryan," Brendon spoke seriously, "you're worth everything in the world to me."

"Bren," Ryan sighed, "please, please, don't tell me that right now. I can't take it." Brendon bit his lip down hard to stop it from quivering because all he wanted to do in that moment was cry until he had no more tears left.

"Listen, Ry," Brendon began, "I'm not going to sleep with him. I only told him maybe anyway because I just didn't know what to do to have you back. But you've made it clear you don't want me back... and that's okay."

"Well, not really okay," Brendon chuckled sadly, "but I'll just leave you alone. Later, Ryan."

Brendon hung up the phone and placed it on his bedside. Surprisingly, he didn't begin to cry. He got back up and got ready for the party.

His phone rang numerous times, playing that same all-too-familiar ringtone over and over, and Brendon did not pick up once. He turned it on silent instead and didn't listen to any of the voicemails or check any of the texts. Ryan already said he wasn't worth it. It was over according to Ryan, so Brendon decided it was time for it to be over to him, too.