Chapter 37: Sound Checks and Decision()()()()()

The guys were all waiting for Carlos and James to arrive and when they did they all walked towards the stage together.

Ni: I'm getting excited. (He said jumping around in glee)

L: Yeah, this is really exciting.

Li: I can't believe we're all this excited about doing a job that we've been doing for a few of years now.

K: Yeah, but we haven't been doing it for a whole month.

J: I never thought I'd miss singing.

Lou: I love it but neither did I.

H: Okay, let's get going.

The boys all went backstage and found Paul talking to a group of guys so they waited until he was done and went over to talk to him.

P: Okay, you'll have your rehearsal in a little while but what we wanted you guys to do tonight is to mix it up.

Z: What do you mean?

P: You're all going to sing in your respective groups and then a big collaboration with all nine of you at the end of the show but we also want you guys to do something different.  The show is going to be four hours long and we want you to entertain the fans. Your managers thought that it would be a good idea if you sang like two or three in a group. Do you get what I mean?

L: Like for instance uh, Harry and Kendall do a song together and then Niall and Zayn, like that?

P: Yes and you guys have free reign, you can choose who goes when and with whom.

Li: Really?

P: Yes but you only have half an hour to discuss it then you guys have to start with the sound check and everything.

Lou: One question?

P: Louis, there will be a wardrobe crew here but you guys can wear anything you want to, they are just here to supply the clothes.

J & Z: Awesome! (They shouted at the same time)

P: Okay go ahead. It's quieter at the back you can go sit there and I'll have someone call you when it's time.

L: Okay thank you.

P: Go ahead now.

~~~Back Stairs~~~

...

L: So how do you guys want to do this?

H: Well we were talking and we thought that we'd do like different sets.

K: One with our partners.

J: One that's a random mix up.

C: Then we sing in groups of three.

Ni: And then one song by each band.

Z: And then we have to sing one song together.

Li: Wow you guys seem to have thought of everything but... (He was cut off)

Lou: And then you can help with the parings and maybe also the songs.

L: Yeah give us the difficult task.

K: Okay since that is settled. I would really like it if Logan and I went first.

Z: James and I want to go after you two.

Lou: Harry and I are next.

Ni: And then Carlos and I are after Harry and Louis.

Li: I wish you sang then the two of us could do a song together.

K: We thought of that too. Josh told us he plays guitar too so why don't you sing while he plays guitar next to you?

Li: That's a great idea, thanks Kendall.

K: Sure thing.

L: Okay now that that's settled, I think we should choose songs we already know so it doesn't require that much rehearsal seeing as we only have four hours to perfect the show before the fans arrive.

K: Logan I was thinking that we do Featuring You.

L: We've never performed that song.

J: But you've sang it a million times.

C: And you guys sound great.

L: Okay. We can do it.

K: Yay. Next?

Z: James and I decided on doing I Got A Feeling.

H: Louis and I are doing Happily.

Lou: Tell them why.

H: Do I have too?

K: Yes, Harry. We would like to know why you chose that song.

H: Fine, we chose it because it means a lot to our relationship and how things were before and how we simply don't care.

L: That's sweet.

K: And mushy.

H: Shut up Kendall.

Li: No arguing Carlos, Niall what are you singing?

C: Is Stereo Hearts okay?

Li: If you guys want to then sing it.

C: Okay. We will.

Li: What should we sing?

Jo: I dunno but I really like your voice when you sing More Than This.

Li: Then we'll do that.

Jo: Okay.

They continued like that. Liam put Harry and Kendall together on a song because they like arguing but they still get along. James and Carlos went together because they wanted to sing Cruise Control. Niall and Zayn decided to go together since their partners were taken and then Louis, Logan and Liam went together. Next they divided themselves into groups of three by randomly choosing names out of Logan's hat. Then the BTR guys chose one of their songs to sing and 1D did the same thing. Then all nine of them decided on singing It's Time by Imagine Dragons last.

Crew: Guys it's time for your sound check.

Li: Okay we're on our way.

The guys went on stage and started doing the sound check. While the guys were singing on stage the rest of the guys sat in the chairs that were set up for the fans to see how they looked from down there. The guys all agreed that in the first set with the partners Liam and Josh killed it with More Than This.

It was now five o'clock and the guys were all done with their sound check and were now heading backstage to get changed.

...