the good things of 2016

I think pretty much everyone can agree that 2016 was definitely not the best year, but there were some good things that happened. there were actually some really great things that happened. today I'm going to name my favorite things that happened in 2016.

(please keep in mind these are my personal opinions that I am in no way trying to change your thinking with. also, some may not apply to you because they may be things that happened to me personally)

1. Hamilton was a huge success. the broadway show "Hamilton" became a major success, earning millions of fans and making an incredible amount of money from ticket sales. not only was it just a great musical with catchy and emotional songs, but Hamilton is also pretty educational. it takes you through pieces of colonial American history that Alexander Hamilton was apart of. kudos to Lin-Manuel Miranda.

2. PINOF 8. the phandom spent a year waiting, and finally the day came when we all got the notification that AmazingPhil had just uploaded Phil is not on fire 8. honestly, it was everything we could've ever dreamed of.

3. Phil won British Creator of the Year. Phil Lester has been on YouTube for over 10 years, and he's gotten very little recognition for what he's done. he's created so many things over the years and his content has stayed relevant and entertaining. finally, someone showed the YouTube community that Phil is truly underrated.

4. Gamingmas happened. 24 days of videos from Dan and Phil. what more could you ask for? every single day from December 1 to December 24, I had something to look foreword to.

5. Dolly Parton exists. through all the fires in Gatlinburg, Dolly Parton came out as one of the most generous celebrities I've seen. she raised so much money that would go towards the reconstruction of Gatlinburg and the families who lost their homes in the tragic wildfires. she's been so kind towards those people and still manages to stay humble. we should be thankful for people like Dolly.

6. Leonardo DiCaprio finally won an Oscar. sadly, no more memes can be made, but he finally won his well-deserved Oscar.

7. the Olympics. the 2016 Rio Olympics were quite a success. with only a few minor things that weren't too great, these Olympics not only got the word out about climate change, but they also had a refugee team that made every athlete feel welcome.

8. giant pandas are no longer endangered. I don't know about you, but it makes me very sad when a species is endangered because with not enough care, they could soon become extinct. now, giant pandas are no longer included in the list of endangered animals. in my opinion, that's a pretty good thing that happened.

this is only a small fraction of the good things that happened over the year of 2016. there were ups and there were downs, yes, but we're still here aren't we? I think that's a pretty good thing as well.

so now we say goodbye to 2016. the year of downfalls but also people rising above. let's make 2017 better. after all, a New Year means new start.

cheers to 2017🍾

Happy New Year!

that's it for today. until next time, enjoy life and enjoy the beginning of 2017.

Off Adventuring,
Madison☕️