Chapter 7

Disclaimer: I sadly won't ever own Tsukiuta, the songs or the characters in it. I don't own any pictures I use either. However, I will always own this story, "An Unexpected Arrival! (Tsukiuta fanfic)" and my OC, Mutsuki Kanon.

"Normal speeches like this are spoken out loud."

Italicised speeches like this are thoughts.

Moving on to the story~

This is what she's wearing in this chapter for rehearsals:

Kanon's POV

"Aoi"

"Aoi-chan!"

"Aoi!"

"Aoi-kun!"

Later back in the dorms~

I was about to walk into Aoi-kun's room but I stopped outside when I heard Arata-kun talk to Aoi-kun.

"Aoi. You're giving me too much credit. I was flustered too. Even now I still am. No matter how much I read the script, I can't say things the way I want to. Everyday, I think about how I'm not cut out for acting."

"Really?" Aoi-kun questioned.

"Even so, we have no choice but to do it. We were chosen after all."

"'We were chosen...'."

"Yeah. There are many people who want to be in our position. I'm sure there are also people more suited to be lead actors than me. But they chose me. Us. That's why I just have to cover what I don't have with hard work, you know? Look. It's not like I'm having an easy time of it either."

There was a moment of silence until Aoi-kun spoke. "I see. I think I feel a little relieved!"

"You really worry about that stuff too much."

I smiled at this.

Aoi-kun chuckled and said, "That's just how I am. Thanks, Arata."

I decided it was time to come in so I knocked the door. I pretended that I hadn't heard anything and walked in.

"Arata-kun? How's Aoi-kun?"

Right then, You-kun and Yoru-kun came in after me.

"Arata?"

"How's Aoi-chan doing?"

I turned on the lights after they came in. Aoi-kun wrapped his blankets around him and got up. I stood on Arata-kun's left while the other two were on his right.

"You look much better, Aoi-kun."

"I was worried after you passed out like that," Yoru-kun told him.