My Poem. January 7th 2014

January 7th, 2014

her eyes

her eyes.

her eyes that slowly drain off into a different world.

her eyes that can become completly blank in ignorant-of-the-world-around-her bliss.

her eyes that can snap back to reality in less than a second.

her eyes which were grey when a loved one died.

her eyes that can take in immense detail, or miss something completely.

her eyes that love the stars, the moon.

her eyes that feel like they are dancing when they see a friend happy.

her eyes that sometimes blink with the music.

her eyes that love a good book.

her eyes that can tell you if she is smiling or not.

her eyes that close when listening to music and she wants more details about it.

her eyes that can change from sad and thoughtful to happy and alert in a blink.

her eyes that love nature.

her eyes attracted to anything shiny.

her eyes that ache sometimes.

her eyes that leak salty tears when frustrated or sad or stressed.

her eyes that can read almost any handwritting, even if it's bad.

her eyes that can't decide to be green, hazel or both.

her eyes that love pictures.

her eyes that love a deep, royal purple.

her eyes that like a flowing, cursive handwritting.

her eyes that seek out other's eyes.

her eyes which are sometimes knowing, sometimes wide, sometimes confused, sometimes closed in peace.

her eyes that enjoy a poem or book.

her eyes...

               ...my eyes

A/N so I wrote this is English class when I was really bored and had finished my work. It just started out by me spacing out, and feeling my eyes kind of 'slowly drain off into a different world' I decided to write down what I was feeling. And the next thing I knew, I was almost done with the front page of the paper and I was running out of ideas, so I decided how I would end it and worked toward there.

Later in advisory I had a friend read thos and she told me to post it. So this is the main reason I started this :)

Thanks for reading! Please comment, I would love to hear your feedback :)