I Am A Morning Person.

A/N So this is a different point of view from the chapter called I Am Not A Morning Person. The characters in that were Nina and Scooby. The last chapter was from Nina's point of view, so why not have a chapter from Scooby's point of view.

So I guess this is just a part two of I Am Not A Morning Person. Just from a different P.O.V. :) Same as the first 'part' anything italicized will be the person's (Scooby in this part) thoughts. Enjoy :)

It's 6:15 as my alram goes off. I don't normally wake up right away, but I feel great. Finals are over, I didn't have homework, I don't have to drive into college today, and after Jazz Band, I get to go back home and sleep again. Today is gonna be great.

6:30 AM

I'm eating my breakfast of cold cereal when my brother finally rolls out of bed and stomps his way to the kitchen. He looks tired. "Mornin'!" I say with a big smile on my face between bites. He glares at me. "Well, that's rude." He glares at me again as he gets his breakfast. I decide that he is no use, and that I might as well not be annoying for once and let him eat his breakfast in peace.

7:05 AM

My brother is so slow this morning! Were late! Not that I care, but still! I walk into the music room and I can feel the cold atmosphere. I see my favorite freshman sitting down, not setting up her instrument, on her phone.

"Hey, Mecca! Get off your phone, it's time for jazz!" I shout. She looks up at me with a shut-it-before-I-shut-it-for-you look. I hear people telling me to shut up and that I'm annoying, but that's normal. I look around with a smile on my face, when I see Nina sitting in her corner, looking at me through her hair.

"Hey, Nina! Wake up! Why is everyone so grumpy!?" Something in her eyes is different... Make-up. She is wearing make-up and it brings out the slight green in her eyes. I wonder if she did that on purpose... I also notice that her normal, poofy hair is straight. These features are different, but everything about her looks.... tired. "Nina, what's wrong?" I ask while lowering my voice. She glares at me for a second, but it changes to the point where it looks like she is about to burst into tears. Her eyes are almost screaming 'help'. 

Holy crap, Nina. "Nina... do you need a hug?" A hug? Am I stupid? "You need a hug. Come here." I hold my hand out to her. Just take it, Nina. She hesitates for a moment, then takes my hand and I pull her up.

I wrap my arms around her, and bend down and put my face in her hair. I want to say something, but only she can hear. I whisper: "Cheer up, Nina. Everything will be okay. Now tell me whats wrong or I'm not letting you go, and that will make a scene that I know you don't want to be in." Well that didn't sound like it was supposed to. Oh well. 

"I hate homework" is the whispered reply from her. Based on her voice, she is about to burst into tears. That can't be it Nina, come on, spill.

"I do too, but I know there is something else, just tell me and let it out," is my equally quiet reply.

"Because of homework I didn't get to shower last night, so I had to wake up even earlier than normal this morning to shower, and I'm not awake at all. Mecca was being a brat. I'm dreading today. And... and.... ugggh!" She explains. Ohh. Bummer. While I was sleeping she was working. No bueno. If she doesn't hear something uplifting she is going to have a mental breakdown, I know it.

"It's gonna be alright, Nina. And I got something to tell you." I move away so that I am looking into those eyes that convinced me to do all of this. They are incredible. But I can see the tears getting ready to fall. I'll say what's on my heart, even though I see people looking at us from the corner of my eye. "You look amazing today. You look beautiful every day and don't let anyone tell you different. Make-up or no make-up. Hair styled or not. Sweats or jeans. Nothing, makes you not look good. Besides one thing, and that's this frown on your face. Cheer up, smile, and you can always talk to me about anything, alright?" I smile at her. That went better than I thought it would. Cool. Those tears just disappeared. Yes!

"Thank you Scooby." she says softly, still looking into my eyes, and a smile comes to her face. It was a small smile, but I feel like I will remember it for the rest of my life. I did this. I made her smile when she was about to cry. I possibly just changed her whole day.

I should probably go set up my trumpet before people start saying something.

I move away from Nina, and act like I didn't see everyone staring at us. She needed that, and I'm not going to let them ruin it. Besides, I don't really care.

7:50 AM

Jazz Band is over and I'm getting ready to head back home. I don't think I am going to sleep like I said I was... I don't think I am going to go home. Not yet at least. I walk down the hall and go past Nina. She smiles a cheesy smile at me and kind of giggles. I smile back, as she turns to her friends. She goes on to her near-by locker and sets her stuff down, only to stand straight up and get a hug from her best friend. Good. She will at least be semi-happy. I think I will go home now.

12:10 PM

I'm back at the school, and I didn't take that nap. The bell rings for lunch, and I walk toward the music room. I pass Nina on her way to lunch, and she smiles at me. The make-up around her eyes is slightly messed up; she has been rubbing her eyes. Not used to it. And tired. She is walking with a friend and is trying to keep up, but I catch her looking over her shoulder at me. I pretend I didn't notice.

After school

"Hey Scoobs," I hear. Cool. She's talking to me.

"Yeah?" I replied with a smile.

"Thank you for what you said this morning before jazz. I needed to hear that, and it made this day semi-bearable." Aah. I didn't think that she would thank me... And the day was only semi-bearable? I don't think asking will be a good idea... But I better make this smooth.

"You're welcome. I'm here for you anytime. What are friends for anyways? Oh, and do me a favor?" Perfect.

"Ummm, sure." she said, unsure. It's okay, I promise.

"Just smile more, okay?" I say with a mischievous, goofy grin on my face.

"Sure Scoobs, I'll try." she said while laughing. What a perfect sound to hear to end my day.

"Thank you" I said, relieved. I don't want to see you like that again. Okay? Is what I want to say, but only one favor should be asked of right now.