I Am Not A Morning Person

A/N This is just a story I came up with, it didn't really happen. Just some mini story that popped into my head :) anything italicized is going to be what Nina (the persons point of view and main character) is thinking.

Please enjoy :)

It's 4:30 in the morning, and my alarm is going off, full volume. Time to go shower. Homework is stupid, making me stay up late then having to wake early just so that I can shower and still be on time for school. I am not a morning person. I jump out of bed and stumble to my door. I head down two flights of steps toward the only shower in the house. I get in the bathroom and turn on the radio.. Not as loud as I would like it to be, because the house is still asleep. 

You don't need to know the details of my shower, now do ya?

Feeling a little more awake, I stumble up the stairs to our main bathroom and I get ready for school. It's 5:15 and I still don't need to be awake for another half hour. I might as well straighten my hair if I have this much time. My hair is normally curly, poofy, and uncontrollable. After that is done, it's still only 5:30. I guess that I might as well put on make up as well. Gross, but okay. 

6:20 AM

Finally we (my little sister, Mecca, and I) leave for school. Mecca has Jazz Band for zero period, and I'm her ride. Meaning I get to sit there, just like she does for when I have Jazz Choir. I'm grumpy, tired, and I already managed to snap at Mecca and make her mad at me. Great. This day will be fun. I think sarcastically.

6:45 AM

We are now sitting outside of the music room, waiting for our teacher, Mr. S, to show up.

"I told you we would be early" Mecca says to me with a snotty I-am-an-annoying-younger-sister-who-was-right-and-you-were-wrong voice. I glare at her, open my mouth, pause, close my mouth and look away with a glare on my face. Easy. Don't rip her face off. You know she has a comment to say to you no matter what I reply with that. Don't rip her face off. Don't punch her in the face. Don't strangle her. She is your sister and you are on school grounds. You don't want to be expelled and then sent to prison for killing her. I take a deep breath and decide to ignore her. And possibly everyone else until I can wake up or get more food.

"Morning guys!" says Mr. S who clearly got enough sleep for once (he has a few month old baby so he rarely gets more than 5 hours of sleep a night). 

"Morning" Mecca mumbles. I glare at him angrily without realizing it till he gives me a weird look.

"Tired, Nina?" he asks, but with a slight joking tone in his voice. I glare at him for real this time. He just laughs and unlocks the door. Mecca sets her stuff down and pulls out her phone and ignores the world. I go to the corner where I normally set my stuff and sit down with my head in my hands, eyes closed. Mr. S starts whistling happily.

I just groan internally.

More people start to show up. I just ignore them, and they leave me alone. Most of them are tired to. We are teenagers; not meant to be up this early.

"Hey Mecca! Get off your phone its time for jazz!" shouts our friend, who everyone calls Scooby. I hear general moans that say something like "Scooby shut up!" I open my eyes and look up through my bangs. Crap. He spotted me. "Hey, Nina! Wake up! Why is everyone so grumpy!?" he pauses and then says, softer "Nina whats wrong?" I'm tired, stressed, and you're loud. I just look up at him, it was supposed to be a glare, but it turned into a desperate silent plea for help. "Nina... do you need a hug? You need a hug come here." He holds his hand out to me, with a just-take-it look on his face. So I take his hand and pulls me up.

As I'm pulled into his embrace, he buries his face into my hair until his mouth is right by my ear. He whispers "Cheer up, Nina. Everything will be okay. Now tell me whats wrong or I'm not letting you go, and that will make a scene that I know you don't want to be in." Ya got me, Scoobs. How dare you...  Fine, you win.

"I hate homework" is all I whisper back.

"I do too, but I know there is something else, just tell me and let it out."

"Because of homework I didn't get to shower last night, so I had to wake up even earlier than normal this morning to shower, and I'm not awake at all. Mecca was being a brat. I'm dreading today. And... and.... ugggh!"

"It's gonna be alright, Nina. And I got something to tell you." he pauses and moves away slightly, so he's looking at me. This is a little close Scoobs... "You look amazing today. You look beautiful every day and don't let anyone tell you different. Make-up or no make-up. Hair styled or not. Sweats or jeans. Nothing, makes you not look good. Besides one thing, and that's this frown on your face. Cheer up, smile, and you can always talk to me about anything, alright?" You. Are. Awesome. Scoobs. "Thank you Scooby." I reply, with a small smile.

He moves away and goes to set up his trumpet. We didn't realize everyone was looking at us. And at the moment, both of us just didn't care. Thank you Scoobs. That means more to me than you will ever know.

For the rest of the day I wasn't as grumpy. I was still exhausted and I didn't get anything done. But every time I saw Scooby in the halls, I smiled at him to show him that I am okay. That I am surviving. And that waking up at 4:30 is only semi-kicking my butt.

After School

"Hey Scoobs," I called to him.

"Yeah?" he replied with a smile.

"Thank you for what you said this morning before jazz. I needed to hear that, and it made this day semi-bearable."

"You're welcome. I'm here for you anytime. What are friends for anyways? Oh, and do me a favor?"

"Ummm, sure." I said unsurely.

"Just smile more, okay?"

I laughed, "Sure Scoobs, I'll try."

"Thank you" he said with a big smile on his face.

No, Scoobs. Thank you.

Mecca and I got home (I even talked to her in the car ride home), I finished my homework, and guess what? I took a nap, with a small, content smile on my face.