IV: Maybe

(Chucky's POV)

  "How come you didn't give me the whole 'Hi! I'm Chucky! Wanna play?' Thing?" Cassidy asks.

  "What's the point in introducing people if they already know who each other are?" I snarl. "Unecessary. I already knew you knew me, and I picked up your name from your friends." She sighs and stops walking- well, limping. "What're you doing? Why'd you stop?"

  "I just struggled all the way down here. I'm tired. Relax, we're almost there," she tells me, pulling me up higher in her arm's grasp. "And about my friends. Promise me you won't hurt anyone."

  "I ain't promising you shit. If anybody gets in my way, and I mean ANYBODY, they're dead, got it?"

  "Even if it's me?" I look up at her, raising my eyebrow.

  "I suggest you stay out of my way if you care that much about being alive." She stops in front of a house.

  "Here it is." We head up the steps and she knocks on the door with a free hand. A girl on the other side opens the door.

  "Cassidy! What's up? Come in!" The girls says. I assume this is Madison. She looks like the girl that was driving last night. There are other familiar faces from last night here as well.

  "Hey, guys," Cassidy greets them and stands by the door.

  "Are you limping?" Madison asks her.

  "Well I-" she starts to explain what happened, but I nudge her just enough so that she feels it, but no one sees it. If she tells them, they might try to kill me, or even worse, call the cops. Neither of those are an option for me. I refuse to go down. I have things I need to do, and I meant what I said earlier.  "I kinda fell on my leg, and it's really sore." Good girl.

  (Cassidy's POV)

"But I can see blood..." Tommy says, quietly. I gulp. I can't say anything, or Chucky will kill them. Let's just hope my lying skills are good enough to save their lives.

  "It's just fake blood from last night. I accidentally spilled like the whole damn bottle. I think it stains," I explain.

  "Why the hell did you bring that with you?" Amy asks, frowning at Chucky.

  "Oh, Chucky?" What am I supposed to say? Who just carries a damn doll around?! "I just love him so much, I wanted him to come with me!" I try to add on to the act by hugging him close to my chest in a lovey dovey manner.

  "Gross," Amy frowns, and gets up from the couch, going into the back.

  "So uh, Maddy, do you have my keys?"

  "Oh yeah that's right!" Madison squeals, reaching into her purse laying in a chair. "Catch." She tosses them to me, and I miss,  causing them to hit Chucky in the face. My eyes get huge as I grab the keys off his face.

  "Well, uh, guys, I hate to run, but I really need to be going. I have some... errands. Really important errands, and I only have so much time to get them done," I explain.

  "Aw, ok. Maybe we can all hang out sometime this week. Without the doll though. He's kinda creepy," Madison says. "Bye Cass."

  I tell everyone goodbye and leave as quick as I can without things getting too obvious, and get into the car. I put Chucky in the passenger seat. "I'm so sorry," I tell him. "I can't catch to save my life." Literally.