XXIV: So That's it?

(Cassidy's POV)

  "I have an interview for Macy's," I say, stretching. "I'm not gonna stay at Red Lobsters if I get this job. Things are about to change." I turn down the volume of the call on the radio a bit as I stop at a light.

  "Well, whatever you think is best," Danny says. There's a loud crinkly sound from his end followed by silence.

  "Did you drop the phone again?"

  "Oh I'm sorry, because holding the phone with cotton nubs is so easy."

  "Whatever dude. Look, I'm almost home. I'll call you guys about the thing later. Bye."

  "Bye."

  I pull up in the driveway and grab my purse. The moment I unlock and walk through the door and lock it back, I'm shoved against the door on my back.

  "Where the hell were you?! I stayed up all night worrying about you!" Chucky growls.

  "Hey, chill!" I tell him, grabbing at his wrists to let me go. He's stronger than me, and it fucking hurts.

  "Answer the goddamn question! Why didn't you tell me you'd be gone all night?! You didn't tell me you were leaving at all!"

  "I spent the night somewhere else!"

  "Where? At Andy's?" His eyes get angrier.

  "What? No! Are you stupid? Chucky, let me go!"

  "Shut the hell up! Tell me why! Why are you spending so much time with him?!"

  "I said let me go!" I kick him where the sun don't shine and step away from him as I watch him crumble into a ball. "You're the one who said to get close to him! I'm doing what you told me do! I'm doing this for you, for us! So stop being a little bitch! You think I'm gonna leave you for him? Is that what it is?"

  "I-... no I just... look, you know I don't want to lose you."

  "You're all in my damn business, where the fuck have you been going lately with no explanations? Cause the ones you've been giving me aren't adding up, Chucky. You say it's work, yet you have no money from this job and it's been well over 2 weeks since you've had it. Start talking, mother fucker."

  He has nothing to say, just a dumbass look on his face. "Exactly. Get out."

  "Whoah, whoah, Princess, wait! Come on, we don't have to d-"

  "I said get out! Get the fuck out! I'm not asking you, and if I have to say it again, you'll regret it!" He can sense the sincerity in my voice, and opens the door without saying anything more.

   "Hey, Chucky," I say, as he's heading out.

  "Yeah?" He answers, eyes full of regret.

  "You've got some green hair stuck to your shirt." I slam the door behind him. Unbelievable.

  (Chucky's POV)

  I can't believe this! She comes in here without saying anything about the night before and just goes off on me! Goddamn women, I swear! She leaves for a whole night without saying a damn thing to me, of course I'm going to worry! Something could have happened, and I wouldn't have known where and how to find her.