XVII: Between

(Cassidy's POV)

  I pull into the Taco Bell drive thru, not needing to look at the menu. "Welcome to Taco Bell, what can I get for you today?" A voice says, blaring through the speaker.

  "Tanya, is that you in there?" I ask.

  "Yeah, wassup?"

  "Just give me the usual, but add on some extra quesadillas and another Baja Blast."

  "Alright."

  This is a normal routine for Tanya and I. Just like Selena, she has to take on a second job to cover up for the hospital. Speaking of which, I wonder how things are going there without Todd?

  I pull up to the second window, where I give Tanya the money, and she gives me my food and drinks. "So who you getting extra stuff for?" Tanya asks, making that weird face your friends would typically make when your crush is around. "Seeing somebody else now that Tico is gone?"

  "Girl don't you have a job to be doing!" I joke.

  "Apparently you do too!"

  "Ugh, stop! Bye, Tanya!" I check my bags to make sure everything is right, then I leave.

🔪

  I change into a cami, and some shorts, then I slip on a hoodie and sit down on the bed. I turn on my TV and open the Netflix app. I'm in an InuYasha mood. Once I've turned it on, I begin to eat my food. I'd got some for Chucky too, but I haven't seen him since I left earlier, and I haven't heard from him either.

  In that moment, my phone vibrates. I think it's him, but when I pick it up, I see that I thought wrong.

  "Haven't been able to party since that incident!😤" The message reads. It's from Lydia.

  I don't blame you. I'd be worried.

There's been a lot of murders lately.  Have you noticed?

Yeah, it's crazy. They're all happening so close to each other.

I'm still feeling some kind of way about Tommy and Madison. No one really knows 100% how they died...😞

Most of these deaths were from unknown causes. Someone will figure it out eventually. This is 'Murica 😹.

Lmao you right you right. 💀 Well, I have to go. Ttyl.

Bye ✌

  I continue to eat my quesadillas and press the home button on my phone to check the time. 7pm. Where is he? I'd text him, but if he's killing someone, it wouldn't be good to get a message in the middle of it. Oh well, I guess...

  🔪

  The sound of my phone ringing and the vibrations snatch me out of my sleep. I rub my eyes open, looking at all the quesadilla wrappers laying all over me. I must have fallen asleep.