XIX: What're We Doing?

(Chucky's POV)

  Later that night, I laid there with Cassidy, waiting for her to go sleep. I knew she'd doze off quicker if I cuddled her, so I did. But, shit, laying her all wrapped around each other like this makes me not even want to leave...

  It's not like I have to, it's a choice. I'm basically cheating on Cassidy. She can't know that, though. It'll break her, I know it will. So... Why am I still doing it?

  I thought I cared about her in a way different from any other girl I've ever met. Sure, Tiff and I were the shit back in the day, but Cassidy gives me a new feeling. It's almost like she makes me weak in some way. It's weird, and I can't believe me, of all people, has gone soft for someone.

  I peek over her shoulder to see if she's sleeping. Fuck, fuck, fuck. She's so pretty even when she's alseep. Now I really don't wanna go anywhere. Why'd Tiffany have to show up anyway? She pops up, and now everything is chaotic. She pops up, and now I'm probably about to hurt the best thing that's ever happened to me since I became a murderer. Ok, whatever.

  I gently slip my arms from around Cassidy, trying not to wake her, and slowly get out the bed. I reach for the doorknob.

  "Chucky," her voice says, slightly sleepy. "You're not leaving me, are you?"

  "Course not, Princess. I'm just going to take a leak. Don't you worry," I tell her, leaving out the room. I lightly close the door and whip out my phone.

🔪

(Cassidy's POV)

  I was never really asleep, just somewhat sleepy. For some reason, I just can't push myself to fall asleep. Especially when Chucky got up. I immediately started to feel cold without him wrapped around me. He walked out of here ten minutes ago... that's an awfully long leak to take.

  Moments later, the door opens and he returns with something behind his back. "What's that?" I ask, curious if this is what took him so long.

  "You'll see," he says, giving a pink box to me. "Open it and find out." I look at him, and he looks like a puppy, waiting for its owner to drop a treat. "Go on!"

  I open the box, and there's sparkly white paper inside. I gently take out of the papers to reveal the prize at the bottom. "O-oh my god, Chucky!" I squeal, pulling it out. It's a silver necklace with a pretty, little crown, topped off with a sapphire in the middle.

  "I knew you liked blue, and sparkly stuff, and I saw that in the mall so... yeah," he says, smiling. "And it's a crown for obvious reasons. Cause you're my Princess."

  I'd ask how the hell he got it, but I'm assuming he either stole it or stole money to get it. I don't care though, it's the thought that counts, right? I hug him after I put it on, and just stay in his embrace for a while. We never hug like this... He's been kinda weird lately. Maybe I should say something?

  "Something wrong?" He asks, looking into my eyes. Shit, I can't confront him when he's looking at me like that!

  No, suck it up. Come on, Cass, just say it!

  "No it's just... well," I start. "I think that... you've just been... acting kinda different lately."

  "Different how?"