XXI: Green

(Cassidy's POV)

  "Why haven't I seen this until now?!" I yell. "That movie is freaking adorable! Disney is getting better and better."

  "Yeah, I secretly couldn't wait for this to get on Netflix so I could watch it," Andy says, laughing.

  "I would have gone to see it in theaters, but I don't remember what I was doing that was preventing me from going." Probably something to do with Chucky to be honest.

  Andy and I were supposed to go out to eat, but we ended up coming to his house instead, and we've been watching movies ever since. He hasn't mentioned Chucky at all yet, and I can't just randomly say his name without it being suspicious. I'll have to play it cool a bit more, and by that, I mean completely fuck with his head until something comes out without me really asking.

  "So where's the chill?" I ask Andy, uncrossing my legs on the couch.

  "The chill?" He replies, mildly confused. "You want me to turn the air on? Is it hot in here?"

  I laugh a little. "Not that kind of chill... I mean that kind that comes after or in the middle of Netflix." He starts turning red. Good.

  "Oh, that chill." Now I feel the tension in the room.

  "I'm just joking, ya silly goose."

  "Heh, y-yeah! Course you are!"

  "Yeah, I should get going. It's pretty late. Don't wanna be out too late. There have been a lot of murders lately." Take the bait.

  "You're right. I think they may be lead ons to Chucky, though. They can't seem to find the murderer, so If he hasn't stolen someone's body by now, it'd be pretty easy for him to hide as a doll."

  "So you think he's close?"

  "Very close. I think he's somewhere here in this city. Possibly close to where we are now. There was that group murder, remember? Actually, it was on your block, I believe."

  "Yes, I remember. I knew the people that were killed. They were some of my best friends." Andy's getting a little too smart. He's close to figuring out where Chucky is, and that's not good. However, if he's in Danny's body, how will Andy know it's Chucky inside?

  "Oh, I'm so sorry... what happened to them had to have been Chucky. All the bodies had deep knife wounds according to the news reporter. They also mentioned that there was another set of unidentified footprints on the scene other than the killer and the suspects, and a trail of blood following behind. I'm thinking someone escaped before it was too late, but Chucky wouldn't just let someone escape. Trust me, I'd know."

  Yeah, I'd know too.

  "So what are you saying?"

  "He probably already had a body transfer."

  "Gee, you sure are smart Andy, and you know so much about Chucky."

  "I had to put up with him for years. He just kept coming back, finding new ways to ruin my childhood. He tried to take over my body, but I never let him."