XXII: We've All Got Secrets

(Chucky's POV)

  "How long are you going to keep this up, sweetface?" Tiffany asks, lighting a cigarette. "I don't want to share you with someone else. If you can't do it, then maybe this isn't such a good idea, you and I. You can't control your feelings for her."

  "Will you shut up and let me do this my way?" I tell her. "Sheesh! I'm gonna do it when she least expects it! I can't just go straight in. I need to be sure that she isn't suspicious of me in any way at all, but I think I already blew that. Cassidy isn't stupid, she can only handle so many 'I had late errands."

  Not only that, but she's been under my wing, which means she knows all my tricks and shenanigans,  or anything that I might try. I basically taught her everything she knows. This shit is gonna be like trying to kill myself. Fuck!

  "You're not gonna do it." She blows the smoke of the cigarette out her nose and looks down. "I should have known that after all this time you'd move on and find someone better, that you'd replace me."

  "Tiff, stop it." I try to reach for her, but she moves.

  "Oh, noooo, don't mind me! Please, go ahead and live between the two of us. I'm totally ok with it!"

  "Shut up! I said I'd take care of the bitch, didn't I? So I'm gonna do what I said I would! Tell you what, if she isn't dead within the next two days, then ok, I lied. You can do whatever you want to me. But if I do kill her, you shut the hell up and we go back to being the happy couple we were years ago and continue and killing sprees! Deal?"

  I hold my hand out and wait for her to shake it to confirm the deal. She just stares, aggravated, holding her cigarette. Finally, she reaches out and shakes it. "Ok, sweetface. I trust you."

  "I'll be back later, ok?" I straighten myself up and head out. Back to my Princess, my soon to be dead Princess.

  When I get back home, there's a car in the driveway. I notice it before I fully make it to the house, and try to make out whose it may be. I don't really know, but I'm sure it's just one of Cassidy's friends. I keep walking and head inside, almost losing my shit when I go inside.

  "Oh, who's this, Cass?" The male sitting on the couch asks.

  "Ohhhh him?" She says, freezing up a bit. I can tell she wasn't expecting me to be here, and I wish I wasn't right now. "This is... my friend, Danny. Danny, this is. . Andy. I forgot he said he'd be dropping by today to get his things that he left last time. Danny, you can go ahead up in my room and get your bag." She gives me a look, and I know to play along. I try to refrain from speaking, and quickly nod to him and run upstairs.

  "Do you want me to leave?" I hear him asking.

  (Cassidy's POV)

"Leave? No, course not, you don't have to go just yet! Don't mind him, Andy," I say, smiling brightly. Shit, that was close. I start to wonder that if Chucky would have opened his mouth, would Andy instantly recognize his voice. This is getting intense.

  "Well alright. Anyways, there's something I've been meaning to talk to you about," he says.

  "Sure, what is it?"

  "Well I just-" his phone starts buzzing. "Oh, I'm sorry, I need to take that." Andy answers his phone, looking concerned. I try to listen without making it obvious as he walks out the room, but I can't hear. Soon, he rejoins me. "Well, I gotta go. My mom needs me to come over for a second."

  "Aw, ok. What did you want to talk about, do you have time to say it before you go?"

  "I could try. I real-"

  "Thanks for my bag, Cassidy!" Chucky says, coming back down the stairs, completely changing his voice.

  "No prob! I'll call you later, Danny," I yell back, playing along. "Sorry, what were you saying, Andy?"

  "Ya know what, I'll just tell you when I see you again, ok?" He looks a little disappointed that we couldn't talk, but I have to keep my cover. We say our goodbyes, and he heads out. A while after he's gone, Chucky walks back in.

  "Why didn't you tell me Andy would be here today?!" He yells at me.

  "I didn't know! He popped up on me, said he wanted to see me," I reply.

  "What are you, dating now?"

  "No, but I can tell he likes me, so let me do my thing Goddamnit! Besides, you said you had to work from morning to night. Why are you here?"

  "Because... I got sent home early."

  "Really?"

  "Yeah, really."

  "You've been having an odd work schedule lately, and I still haven't seen any money yet. Don't you think you need to work elsewhere?"

  "No, I'm fine where I am. They warned us about frequent awkward scheduling. I took the job so I could contribute, not because I wanted to be there."

  I have a strong feeling that he's lying. A lot of the stuff Chucky has been saying to me lately makes no sense at all, but I'm a different kind of girl. I won't call him out completely until I'm certain of the situation.

  "Allright, Chucky. If you say so. I'm gonna head to the store. I'm hungry and I want magnums."

  "But we already have magnums."

  "I mean the ice cream. I need double chocolate in my life." I grab my car keys and head out.

  I'm going to make us spaghetti tonight, so I get everything I need, plus the magnums. Suddenly, I feel like someone is watching me. I scan the room, but I see nothing. Confused, I continue to ring myself up quickly and leave.

There aren't many people here parked in the lot, and I wonder if that's always like this during this time. I was almost at my car when within the blink of an eye, a curly, green haired woman came running towards me with a knife. She tried to stab me, but failed.

  We continue to fight, and I put all my energy into this to avoid dying. I'm not ready yet. Hell no. The last time she stabs at me, I take the knife and reverse it, making her stab herself in the stomach.

  "I don't know who the hell you are, or who sent you, but I'll admit: you're pretty strong. Not strong enough, though. Before anyone can notice, in quickly jumping in the car to leave. I immediately exit the scene and get back home.

  Chucky helps me bring in the few bags of groceries, and he takes note of my face.

  "Princess, how'd you get cut there?" He asks, gently touching the area around it.

  "Someone tried to stab me, and I ended up stabbing them."

  "Yikes. I'm so glad you bested her, babe. You learned from the best."

  "I know. Now, can you get the big pot out for me?"