XV: Moving On

(Cassidy's POV)

  Rummaging through my closet, I search for my black Chuck Taylors. I haven't had to look deep in this closet for a while. Usually everything is organized and put up neatly, but I can't find them. I move some stuff over and see the left shoe. Ok, we're getting somewhere. I start moving more stuff around and see a little red shoe sticking out. I don't need to move anything to know what that is, and it's probably best that I don't move it and look at it...

  It's been about a week and a half since I walked through Madison's door and, well, lost a part of me. It's been rough. We weren't together long, but it was long enough for me get deeply attached to him. He was the best I'd ever had. Sure, he was an asshole in the beginning, but when we got to know each other more, he was perfect to me.

  Oh, what the hell.

  I pull the shoe out along with the rest of the doll and look at it. "Why'd you have to leave me?" I ask the doll. "God, I fucking miss you." I set him back where he was and realize my other shoe was behind him. I grab it and get going.

💔

  "Cass, you look fucking horrible," Taylor says, biting her burger.

  "I feel fucking horrible," I tell her, playing with a french fry. "I just... I can't get over it."

  "I didn't even know you cared about Tico that much. You hated him not too long ago. Besides, you still have Chucky, right?"

  I stop and look at her. "No... Chucky's gone too." No one knew that Chucky was Tico other than the two of us, but what does it matter now that he's gone?

  "Oh, I'm so sorry... You'll be ok though, I know you will." Selena, Olivia, and Tanya join us at the table.

  "Hey, Cass, look," Selena says. "If you really need to, go to therapy. You've been so depressed lately. I know it's tough, but you gotta continue living, ya know?"

  "She's right," Tanya replies. "Go get help."

  "Ok, I'll try... maybe I should go now," I tell them. I shove the rest of my fries into my mouth. "Thanks, guys."

  I get in the car and start googling different therapy places. There's one about 20 minutes from here. Cool, I'll go there and see what they can do for me. I bluetooth my phone to the radio and turn on GPS, then I turn on some music. Then I drive to the place.

  When I'm near, I start to look around for the building. I drive slowly and I see it. "Jane's Recovery ~ Walk Ins Welcome."

  I'm a little nervous about going In for some reason. I feel like therapists just silently judge when you tell them all their problems. But I don't have any other choice.

  "Hi there! What can I do for you?" The guy at the counter asks.

  "Well, um, I was hoping I could have a walk in with someone?" I say

  "Oh, yes, here, right around this corner, the last door!"

  "Thanks."

  I walk down the hallway. It's huge, but it's really nice. There's a lot of other doors down here. I reach the end and knock. A lady opens the door. "Here for a walk in, sweetface?" She asks.