XIV: Aftermath

(Cassidy's POV)

  After Lydia's party, Chucky and I came home. I can't really remember much of what happened, but I do remember lots and lots of laughing at absolutely nothing, and I'm pretty sure we had sloppy drunk sex too. But left this morning; he said he had to take care of something before it was too late. I didn't bother asking what.

  I have another date with Andy later today. We're going out to eat. He never said what restaurant, though.

  Shortly after Chucky left, I got a lovely visit from Amy and Todd, but it wasn't so lovely when they dropped the news on me.

  "It's just getting way too dangerous around here," Amy explains. "And I'm tired of getting dragged into stuff. Pretty soon it'll be me getting stabbed to death."

  "So where are you gonna go?" I ask.

  "Florida. It's pretty nice there. We've been planning this for years, honestly. But now that there's a perfect opportunity to get out, we're taking it," Todd tells me.

  "We'll miss you. We'll miss all of you. When things aren't so chaotic, we'll visit."

  "But until then, we're leaving, and we'd prefer it if you didn't tell everyone where we're going. If they ask where we went, just tell them the Underground Hospital of Florida needed me. They'll understand."

  "Well ok... I wish we had more time to hang out," I sigh.

  "So do I, but the flight is in a few hours, and we need to pack our stuff up," Amy says. "Don't worry. You'll see us again someday. We gotta go, bye, Cass. Stay safe, and don't get killed please."

  I hug both of them, and they leave. I understand why they're worried, but also, they're not really in any trouble. Chucky never said anything about killing them. It's ok, though.

  Time flies by when they leave, and I get a text from Andy.

  "Hope you're hungry! Omw now." He says.

  "Great! I'm STARVING! 😋" I reply, laying my phone down and sitting on the couch. I turn on the TV to watch anime, but the news is on.

  "Another two found murdered in the home of Lydia Wulford. Lydia says that she was having a party last night, and as things were dying down, she went into the back and found the two bodies. Ms. Wulford has already been cleared up from the suspect list, however, our killer is still on the move. Judging by the style of these murders, Detective Sanchel believes that the murderer may be the same person who killed Ryan Williams and gang member, 'Oink'. We ask that everyone please stay safe and contact the police if you see anything suspicious."

  This isn't good. Nobody knows it was us, but they're finding clues and getting closer. How easy is it to get caught? I've never had to lay low from the police before, but I'm sure Chucky has since he's been murdering people for years. I hope he's ok, wherever he is.

(Open POV)

  "One hundred and sixty seven dollars and fifty six cents," Madison tells the customer, ringing her up. She waits as the girl pulls out her money and turns to her friend.