XXIII: No Way José

(A/N) ❤
Hello everyone and thank you for sticking around thus far! 😹 I'm sure it has been a rather emotional roller coaster for some, and you've all been waiting for me to update. I apologize for going so long without an update, but I'm getting it done now! Unfortunately, I am here to announce that this fanfic shall soon be coming to an end. However, if things go great, and I have a wonderful explosion of ideas, you might see a part 2 ;)
-candycoatedkouhai ♡

-------------------------------

(Chucky's POV)

  "How many of your friends have we dropped so far?" I ask Cassidy. 

  "Hell, I don't know. I stopped counting after a while," she says. "Why do you ask?

  "Just wondering. Ever since I've been around-"

  "A lot of people have died? Yeah. That's what you do though, right? That's who you are."

  "Whoah, why do you seem upset suddenly?" I raise an eyebrow in confusion. I didn't... do anything? Unless she found out about... things.

  "What makes you think I'm upset?" My phone starts vibrating and Cassidy's eyes viciously flick over to it. I almost don't want to look and see who it is. There are only 2 people who have my number, and that's Cass and Tiff, and Cassidy obviously isn't the one calling me right now.

  "Shouldn't you answer that?" She asks, looking at me.

  "Right..." I slowly reach for it and check the number. "Oh, it's work. Sorry babe, gotta take this." I try to leave as quick as possible without looking suspicious. Truth is, the number was private. A *67 more than likely, but I'll answer anyway.

  "Hello?" I answer.

  "Chucky!" The other person says.

  "Tiff? Why are you calling me restricted?"

  "That doesn't matter right now. Where are you?"

  "At home, where are you?"

  "In the hospital. Look, I need you to get here ASAP."

  "The hell, why are you in the-"

  "Shut up, I said ASAP! That means hang up the damn phone and get up here! I'll explain everything when you get here."

  I go silent for a moment.

  "Chucky? Hey! Did you hear me, asshole?"

  "Yeah, yeah. Be there soon." I hang up. I have a bad feeling about this.

  "Who was it?" Cassidy asks.

  "It's an emergency, I can't say until I get back, but until then, can I borrow like $4?"

  "For what?"

  "I need to get somewhere. I'll take the bus."

  "Sure? Hey, be careful, ok?" She gives me the $4.