IX: Weird

(Cassidy's POV)

  "Everybody thinks you're in kahoots with that doll now," Selena says, bringing dishes into the back. "I'm still finding it hard to believe."

  I sigh and wipe down the cabinet. "It's not possible, that's why," I tell her. "They've been on my case ever since I got him. Why can't they just let me live my life? I'm still here, aren't I? Don't you think that if Charles wanted to kill me, he would have done it by now?"

  "Who's Charles?"

  I look at her confused. "What?"

  "You said Charles. Who's that?"

  "Oh, I mean Chucky." I'm hoping that that'll just blow over her head, and that she won't go home and do research about the name Charles and the Good Guy doll.

  "Ha, oh ok. I can see how you'd get the two mixed up." Selena laughs and a bell is heard from farther back in the kitchen.

  "Order up!" The chef yells.

  "I guess that's our cue," I tell her. We both go to get the trays to serve to the customers. "My shift's almost over."

  "We can talk more later."

  I stop and look at her before grabbing the two, steaming, hot trays loaded with all kinds of delicious seafood. "Is there really anything else to talk about?" I take the tray out visit the booth farthest to the back wall. It's a guy in a green coat with brown shaggy hair.

  "Here you go sir," I tell him, politely pushing all of his food onto the table. "Please do enjoy, and if you need anything, I'll be over as soon as I can."

  "Well, another batch of those cheesy biscuits would be nice," he laughs.

  "Certainly." I smile at him, and he smiles back, not paying attention and knocking over a glass.

  "Oh Jeez, I'm such a klutz." He starts grabbing napkins.

  "No, no. It's ok, I'll get it."

  "Thanks so much. How much for another one?"

  These are typically around $6.75, buuutt... "It's on me. I'll bring you another."

  "Really? Thanks a lot!" He smiles at me again.

  "It's no big deal, really..." I look down.

  "Oh, you're the greatest uh...." He scavenges my chest and I'm assuming he's looking for my name tag.

  "It's Cassidy."

  "Well then, Cassidy,  you're the greatest!" I giggle a lit. "I'm Andy."

  "Nice to meet you, Andy. Now I have to go do my job before I get fired. I-i'll bring your stuff in a minute."

  As I leave, I think about what just happened, and tell Selena about it. "I think that customer out there was flirting with me," I tell her, laughing a little.

  "You're a pretty girl, Cass! Guys are gonna wanna talk to you! Happens to me all the time till I tell them I'm taken by the most wonderful girl in the whole world," Selena explains. "Then you can imagine how that goes. Men are such pigs."